• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    You know, I have been on a few forums and they are so anally retentive about restricting the discussions to only firearms that they wont let you give an opinion or allow the ability to talk about anything else. I keep noticing so many other topics being cussed and discussed that I was wondering if people were following 'the rules'. But let me tell you, I am loving the freedom of this forum and the abundance of different topics that are posted.

Thanks TGT!

Brad L.
    Capitol Armory ad

Okierifleman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Houston
    I actually like 1911forum.com for technical info but you are right, not a whole lot of bantering back and forth which I like. I like the fact that there are different sections you can go to for shooting the s**t!!! Much more friendly here!

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    Since finding TGT I havent even been back to TFL at all. Like you said, nazi's. I tried to trade an item and they removed the thread and when asked why, I got a reposting of the rules, no explanation. That pissed me off that someone couldnt take five minutes of their time to explain what I did wrong and why my thread didnt adhere to their rules and what I could do to fix it.

Oh well, I found a new home here and definately wont look back...

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Cool deal. Be sure to spread the gospel to anyone else that you think would like the forum. It's always better to have more people in the mix.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Thanks for the compliments. An open atmosphere was certainly one of the original intentions with the creation of this forum.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    comon guys thuis is a GUN forum! stay on topic here!! talk about guns!!
    and only cool ones! no wildcat rounds!

roflmao

i agree 100% guys

DirtyD

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2008
    Spring
    Sorry, got WAY off topic there for a few minutes. I am addicted to TGT as well... first ting I check in the morning, and I even find myself checking in on my blackberry....

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    For some reason the "Nazi" comments made me chuckle...

When I was in the service so many moons ago, we taught a Womans Self Defense course at SDSU, basically how to evade, escape an attacker. We told them "After you disengage and start to flee your attacker instead of yelling RAPE, or FIRE.....just start screaming NAZI NAZI NAZI as you flee, EVERYONE hates a Nazi, and EVERYONE will look to see one...."

On other forums I have almost posted a thread...."NAZI NAZI NAZI", then run away....

BurkGlocker

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Burkburnett, TX
    For some reason the "Nazi" comments made me chuckle...

When I was in the service so many moons ago, we taught a Womans Self Defense course at SDSU, basically how to evade, escape an attacker. We told them "After you disengage and start to flee your attacker instead of yelling RAPE, or FIRE.....just start screaming NAZI NAZI NAZI as you flee, EVERYONE hates a Nazi, and EVERYONE will look to see one...."

On other forums I have almost posted a thread...."NAZI NAZI NAZI", then run away....

Hell, you just got me laughing so hard I woke the wife up, with that green face on... I dont like her when shes angry...:1zhelp:

Yeah, I have to jockey for position on the computer nowadays when I didnt even spend longer than five mins at a time on here before. She gets up from her Facebook and Myspace, and I hit TGT. There have been more colorful discusions between her and I here lately because of it. Oh well... It about time I didnt have a conversation with the back of her head anyways.

wllmwallace

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Denton, TX
    Take a note of advice....

When having conversation with back of wifey's head....DO NOT....repeat DO NOT make ANY reference to, or comments about how many gray hairs are apparent....

I am now undergoing hiatus with said conversations due to stupidity...and you just can't fix stupid.

Top Bottom