I am money tight.. so I got it...

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by tju1973, Mar 2, 2009.

1. tju1973

tju1973 Member

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I picked up an EAA Windicator yesterday at GM-- It was $249-- which is line with GMs high prices. That being said, I was actually impressed with it--

Except the non crowned barrel (which looks to have been cut with some sort of circular saw), it isn't any worse than a Taurus or Rossi. I would love to by a Colt, SW, or even a Ruger, but I am money tight with the economy in the crapper. I have sold or traded many old "junk" or extra guns to consolidate my calibers-- mainly got out of .380s, .25s, and .32s-- and sticking to 9mm and .45acp for pistols and carbines..now the search begins for decent priced .357 and .38 special...:shifty:

all in all I am happy..

[​IMG]

2. 45tex

45tex Well-Known

Feb 1, 2009
    Keep us updated on how it shoots. Not a bad price for maybe a house gun.

3. mac79912

mac79912 Well-Known

Mar 4, 2008
    They should have at least cut a hole in the rib to make it look nicer.Not bad for the money.+1 let us know how it shoots.

4. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Sooooooo... are you happy with it? I've been looking at picking up a matching pair for concealed carry... How's the grip on it? Would any of the Hogue grips fit it?

5. Wolfwood

Wolfwood Self Appointed Board Chauvinist TGT Supporter

May 12, 2009
    jsut found this. i dont guess there will be any more on this eh?

6. texas_teacher

texas_teacher Well-Known

Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    I was hoping and wondering the same thing...

7. tju1973

tju1973 Member

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    sorry! I have been out lately--- but sort of an abbreviated report--

I have shot (since I bought it) about 75 or so .357 and about 150 (give or take) .38-- both types were Monarch Brass-- the .357 were FMJ round nose, and .38s were mostly flat nosed FMJ but probably about 20 were JHP---

No issues at all out to about 10 yards--- and really none out to 15-20, except accuracy really suffered--

Mine has had no issues with locking up or firing-- cleaning is the norm for any other revolver, and I won't actually ever take it apart-- just get what I can out with pipe cleaners and Q-tips, punch the barrel and a good wipe down..its a tad big and heavy for CCL, but I really bought it for the night stand and car...my wife likes it, but the grip is a tad big, so while she can shoot it, I will probably get her a smaller .38 only--

Not sure the current price is on them these days, and if I would have know that JG sales had the bobbed SW 4" SS .38s, I would have gone that route, but really for a $250 gun, I am happy-- it won't win any beauty contests, but it does go bang, and I feel safe keeping it for what it is---plus if I have to even shoot anyone (and I hope I never have to) I won't feel as bad if I never get my gun back...

+1 on the Windicator....

8. Stangfan93

Stangfan93 Member

Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    If you want a .357 for fairly cheap look into Colt Trooper MkIII's. I bought one about 2 years ago. I got it for less than $350 and it looks brand new. They quit making them I think in the Mid 80's. Since this section of the forum is sponsored by Pasadena Gun Center I would like to mention that I bought it from them.

Great gun. I love mine.