• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tju1973

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    I picked up an EAA Windicator yesterday at GM-- It was $249-- which is line with GMs high prices. That being said, I was actually impressed with it--

Except the non crowned barrel (which looks to have been cut with some sort of circular saw), it isn't any worse than a Taurus or Rossi. I would love to by a Colt, SW, or even a Ruger, but I am money tight with the economy in the crapper. I have sold or traded many old "junk" or extra guns to consolidate my calibers-- mainly got out of .380s, .25s, and .32s-- and sticking to 9mm and .45acp for pistols and carbines..now the search begins for decent priced .357 and .38 special...

all in all I am happy..

DSC01519.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

45tex

TGT Addict
    Feb 1, 2009
    Keep us updated on how it shoots. Not a bad price for maybe a house gun.

mac79912

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Mar 4, 2008
    They should have at least cut a hole in the rib to make it look nicer.Not bad for the money.+1 let us know how it shoots.

texas_teacher

Well-Known
    Feb 14, 2009
    South Korea
    Sooooooo... are you happy with it? I've been looking at picking up a matching pair for concealed carry... How's the grip on it? Would any of the Hogue grips fit it?

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    May 12, 2009
    jsut found this. i dont guess there will be any more on this eh?

tju1973

Jan 12, 2009
    McKinney Texas
    sorry! I have been out lately--- but sort of an abbreviated report--

I have shot (since I bought it) about 75 or so .357 and about 150 (give or take) .38-- both types were Monarch Brass-- the .357 were FMJ round nose, and .38s were mostly flat nosed FMJ but probably about 20 were JHP---

No issues at all out to about 10 yards--- and really none out to 15-20, except accuracy really suffered--

Mine has had no issues with locking up or firing-- cleaning is the norm for any other revolver, and I won't actually ever take it apart-- just get what I can out with pipe cleaners and Q-tips, punch the barrel and a good wipe down..its a tad big and heavy for CCL, but I really bought it for the night stand and car...my wife likes it, but the grip is a tad big, so while she can shoot it, I will probably get her a smaller .38 only--

Not sure the current price is on them these days, and if I would have know that JG sales had the bobbed SW 4" SS .38s, I would have gone that route, but really for a $250 gun, I am happy-- it won't win any beauty contests, but it does go bang, and I feel safe keeping it for what it is---plus if I have to even shoot anyone (and I hope I never have to) I won't feel as bad if I never get my gun back...

+1 on the Windicator....

Stangfan93

Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    If you want a .357 for fairly cheap look into Colt Trooper MkIII's. I bought one about 2 years ago. I got it for less than $350 and it looks brand new. They quit making them I think in the Mid 80's. Since this section of the forum is sponsored by Pasadena Gun Center I would like to mention that I bought it from them.

Great gun. I love mine.

Top Bottom