• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Went to walmart to pick up a couple cases of the universals and while I was there I noticed they were all out of buck, completely. Funny how the guy that works there, you see him every time, he is the ammo guy, has no clue when more comes in.

ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    that's right; I've been noticing that since November...whenever I see ammo for any of the firearms I own I buy it. There has been a shortage since November...

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    Well, 1 month ago I bought 6 (15)pack boxes of slugs, which was all they had left at the time, and a couple boxes of buck. When I was there the other day, they had a full restock of slugs but no buck. I assumed more slugs and buck had come in, just all the buck was bought before I could get back. It just bugs me the sales guy wont tell me what day they come in so I can be first to scoop up some more.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Well I am glad I am not the only one having trouble finding 00 buck or slugs 2 3/4 or 3 inch. Academy only has five shell packs and only has like one or two at a time on the shelf.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I made a list of all the walmarts in my area and called a few of them. They are all out of buck. A couple stores told me that the main warehouse was out so all the stores are out as well. One store told me they had 10 boxes of buck on order that should arrive before the 15th and I believe it is the same for all of them. So now I get to call each store every day till someone squeeks.
    Whenever I go to walmart, if they don't have buck, I always pick up a couple boxes of slugs and the #4 lead turkey loads, they are the best bang for your buck.

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    I can't find any slugs or buck at wall of china.

I think im gonna start ordering from ammunitiontogo.com like some other people on this site.

ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    ammunitiontogo had the excellent federal 00 buck with the flite control wad for $17 for a box of 25. When i was ready to order it was all gone...

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    My daily Walmart ritual. I called a few stores today and this time I talked to a couple managers. They told me that they are not/can not restock the shelves with any ammo until after the price increase. They have already been informed that there will be a price increase on all ammo and some may not be restocked at all. I wonder how much of that is true.

ColdDeadHands

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 2, 2009
    Houston, TX
    the price did already increase, on shotgun shells at least...but i guess we are in for more...nothing will surprise me considering the next president we have.

BriansFamous

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 28, 2008
    great lookin' shotty, that's originally what i wanted to begin with and am still hoping to get one sooner or later.

Jeff-Tex

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Mesquite
    I hit the motherload this weekend. Pretty much all the walmarts in the area that sell buck, only sell 2 3/4. I found one that was sold out on the 2 3/4 but noticed they had 8 boxes of the 15 rnd value packs. Upon closer inspection, I found that these babies are 3 in magnum 00 buck with 15 pellets each. I scooped up all of them.

I should also apologize to the OP onac255 for highjacking his thread with my walmart follies. My intent is to keep those informed, I should start another thread about it. :sign0101:

BTW onac, did I mention how sweet your shotty looks? ;)

onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Awesome Jeff!!

Don't worry 'bout the hijacking. It keeps me informed if I was not so busy today I'd go down to wall of china and take a look at their stock see I can pick 3" slugs myself.

Thanks for the compliments on the shotty. She ain't much but she gets the job done.

Top Bottom