Join TexasGunTalk

I Am So Angry That I Will Just Leave This Here

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by gdr_11, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Fishin4guns

Fishin4guns New Member

Mar 26, 2019
    Rockport
    That is beyond f'd up. I am at a loss for words, well I'm not, just can't post what I'm really want to.

V-Tach likes this.
  2. Charlie

Charlie TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 19, 2008
    Kerr County

V-Tach likes this.
  3. Bozz10mm

Bozz10mm TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I can't even....

I'll be glad when June is over. That crap is everywhere. Except the Williamson County court house.

Chirpy and BRD@66 like this.
  4. C_Hallbert

C_Hallbert Color Commentator

Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I’ve never forgotten the negative public sentiments toward veterans when we returned from RVN. During the Gulf War, the Public’s attitude shifted towards appreciation; but it appears now as if it may be swinging back again, or at least losing its focus. The public is rather fickle.

The most outrageous incident in recent years was the Navy’s choice to name a ship ‘Harvey Milk’ after a San Francisco Politician and Gay Rights Activist. Historically, when Naval Ships were named after people, it was in tribute for heroism, great statesmanship, or other honorable and exceptional service to our country worth remembering. WTF..... Navy???

Symbolically, Officials at the Veterans Administration are implying, “POWs and MIAs don’t matter to us as much as a warm, fuzzy opportunity to pander to a political narrative in a venue that is entirely inappropriate and totally out of context. WTF..... VA???

SEMPER FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
    kbaxter60 and GoPappy like this.
  5. birddog

birddog bullshit meter

Mar 4, 2008
    Dallas / Ft. Worth
    If folks across the nation posted how they felt about it what they would to the peveristy it repesnt, there wouldnt b enough jail space to house everyone they arres

6. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Wonder how it would go over if some vet yanked the pride flag down and burned it?

You think the press would be spouting how it's his first amend rights to free speech? I'm guessing he would get called "trump names."

Dad_Roman likes this.
  7. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    I am in no way agreeing with this abomination, but free speech of burning a flag means that you can buy one and burn it. Free speech doesn't give you the right to steal it and burn it.

toddnjoyce likes this.
  8. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    But....?

Nope, there's no wiggle room for word salad that makes what this is acceptable because we've make exceptions - for the greater good doncha know?

No, raising the gay flag and dismissing and discarding the proper flag is a shot across the bow.

C_Hallbert likes this.
  9. easy rider

easy rider Allotropic Transformer TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Agree, identity politics is very dangerous. You aren't creating equality by raising the views of the few above the views and at the expense of the many.

10. deemus

deemus my mama says I'm special

Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

potato, patata

:cool: