• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    I’ve never forgotten the negative public sentiments toward veterans when we returned from RVN. During the Gulf War, the Public’s attitude shifted towards appreciation; but it appears now as if it may be swinging back again, or at least losing its focus. The public is rather fickle.

The most outrageous incident in recent years was the Navy’s choice to name a ship ‘Harvey Milk’ after a San Francisco Politician and Gay Rights Activist. Historically, when Naval Ships were named after people, it was in tribute for heroism, great statesmanship, or other honorable and exceptional service to our country worth remembering. WTF..... Navy???

Symbolically, Officials at the Veterans Administration are implying, “POWs and MIAs don’t matter to us as much as a warm, fuzzy opportunity to pander to a political narrative in a venue that is entirely inappropriate and totally out of context. WTF..... VA???

SEMPER FI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

birddog

bullshit meter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2008
    nunya
    If I posted how I really felt about this. The mods would get on to me.

What a disgrace

If folks across the nation posted how they felt about it what they would to the peveristy it repesnt, there wouldnt b enough jail space to house everyone they arres

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    No socially acceptable comment...............

I will say this......don't try that at any Veteran Memorial with me present.............

Wonder how it would go over if some vet yanked the pride flag down and burned it?

You think the press would be spouting how it's his first amend rights to free speech? I'm guessing he would get called "trump names."

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Wonder how it would go over if some vet yanked the pride flag down and burned it?

You think the press would be spouting how it's his first amend rights to free speech? I'm guessing he would get called "trump names."
    I am in no way agreeing with this abomination, but free speech of burning a flag means that you can buy one and burn it. Free speech doesn't give you the right to steal it and burn it.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    But....?

Nope, there's no wiggle room for word salad that makes what this is acceptable because we've make exceptions - for the greater good doncha know?

No, raising the gay flag and dismissing and discarding the proper flag is a shot across the bow.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    If that means you believe it's the same, then law doesn't mean much I guess.

(And don't think this is an angry retort, I get frustrated at times, but rarely angry)

Maybe I should add the /s moniker to my post.

TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    I’ve never forgotten the negative public sentiments toward veterans when we returned from RVN. During the Gulf War, the Public’s attitude shifted towards appreciation; but it appears now as if it may be swinging back again, or at least losing its focus. The public is rather fickle.

The most outrageous incident in recent years was the Navy’s choice to name a ship ‘Harvey Milk’ after a San Francisco Politician and Gay Rights Activist. Historically, when Naval Ships were named after people, it was in tribute for heroism, great statesmanship, or other honorable and exceptional service to our country worth remembering. WTF..... Navy???

Symbolically, Officials at the Veterans Administration are implying, “POWs and MIAs don’t matter to us as much as a warm, fuzzy opportunity to pander to a political narrative in a venue that is entirely inappropriate and totally out of context. WTF..... VA???

SEMPER FI

Harvey Milk served in the Navy as an Officer.

C_Hallbert

Color Commentator
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2017
    McAlester, OK
    Harvey Milk served in the Navy as an Officer.

Hmmm.....where he accounted himself with such an extraordinary record of heroic service to the US Navy and his Country as to be worthy of special comment in the annals of history.....I’m sure. Puke.

cherok2e

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2018
    Friona, TX
    Let's see, how can we divide the country further? Oh, I know..........
    I think the LGBTQ group has gotten their agenda across of first amendment rights. Ok, they have them and now they need to stop pushing the issue. They have what's fair and now they need to stop trying to step on the rights of others.

They need to wake up and realize they can push to far before people will get tired of it in their face all the time. Accept what you have before you go to far and start losing what you got.

With the NXIVM trials and convictions the list of child molesters has grown and is likely to get longer. The advice would be to be very careful about pushing a life style that has produced the crisis of child trafficking. We see the results of your agenda.

Take you unnatural life style and leave our kids alone. No more advertising, introductory programs and agendas for acceptance.
    You got all you're going to get and we will not accept your life style and stay the hell away from the kids.

Top Bottom