Join TexasGunTalk

I am Stunned....Did Not Think Even Austin Could Sink This Low....

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by gdr_11, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    I un-ignored to my dismay this cretinous poster - back to 'ignore'.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2019
    Davetex likes this.
  2. easy rider

easy rider Carbide Precipitator TGT Supporter

Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    You can't ignore me if I keep throwing grenades at you. :grenade:

Southpaw likes this.
  3. Mowingmaniac 24/7

Mowingmaniac 24/7 TGT Addict

Nov 7, 2015
    ER,

That's a good one. Boom!

The only grenades I try to ignore are the dopey lefty ones.

The reeking odor of them can be ignored if they don't show up on my radar........

Davetex likes this.
  4. Younggun

Younggun Ginger Avenger TGT Supporter Admin

Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Not teaching one particular form of contraception (and a stupid one at that) is not going to be the difference between a responsible and irresponsible choice.

Your attempt to disqualify parents from the ability to raise their own children as they see fit due to lack of knowledge about an obscure form of “contraception” is ignorant at best.

That would depend on the individual family and their circumstances.

If the parents managed to have kids, then they know how it works. Everyone knows about condoms and every other mainstream form of birth control. But it is also up to THE PARENTS discretion if they choose to teach only abstinence to their children. It is not up to the state to override that decision.

Sex is something natural. Algebra is not. There is not a text book worth of formulas needed to calculate whether of not you are having sex. Algebra has nothing to do with personal urges. It’s unrelated to personal belief systems. There are no opinions when a formula is correctly worked out. It is right or wrong.

The idea that someone with different beliefs and opinions than the parent can teach something that doesn’t have specific “right and wrong” answers is foolish.

No, you don’t. I do not believe a state trained educator is required or should be included in my children’s education on sexual activity. I do not believe the state knows better than I do. I don’t believe the state knows better than someone who chooses a different path than me either.

Schools should not be teaching kids how to ****. We do not agree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    I said nothing about appropriation of state funding.....it was included as part of my re-quote of an earlier post about the 20% staticstic....which I found alarming.

Jack Ryan likes this.
  6. TheDan

TheDan 4th Best Member TGT Supporter

Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    hey, it works great until it doesn't!

7. BRD@66

BRD@66 TGT Addict

Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
  8. Mohawk600

Mohawk600 Well-Known

Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    TheDan likes this.
  9. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas

That statement is your subjective opinion too. No more factual than what you disagree with.

10. Dionysis

Dionysis Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    That school board is elected. So the parents, by democratic action, by that I mean by electing these Board members, have chosen to have the school help them out with teaching this to their children. As HKShooter65 pointed out, this is not what the protesters made it out to be.

The number and percentage of children who are sexually abused in their home by a relative is horrifying. These children are kept under a strict code of silence that isolates them from reaching out for help. Programs like this can help a child understand what is happening to them is not right, and that they can get help.

As it is, I think many children get their sex-ed in a tent on a Boy Scouts outing, or with a couple of friends looking at a Playboy mag they managed to get a hold of. For girls, it is with Barbies, the one girl who has been inappropriately exposed to sexual behavior using Barbies to show the other girl what sex is like. I am sure what I have just written turns your stomach. It turns mine, but it is the truth of what happens to a major portion of our children.

As a former employee of a small PD, I personally witnessed a case in which a number of witnesses came forward who saw a grandfather groping his 11 or 12 year old grand daughters in public. I guess he must have been going senile. But the girls acted like it was normal. The Sergeant over the shift found out who the old man was. He happened to be related to one of the PDs brass. So he was trying to sweep it under the rug, to get the witnesses to go away without taking their statements. I went straight to the Chief who took care if it. But this stuff is real. It is happening to a lot of kids. Some of them are home schooled.

So you may not like it, but Austin parents do. So let Austin parents decide the kind of education their children receive.

It seems a good thing to me that the School is teaching the value that the individual should get to decide who does what with their body, as well as how to know someone is trying to abuse them.