• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Is Buc-ee's 30.06? I approached the entrance to a Buc-ee's today, and saw what looked like a 30.06 sign, so I walked back to my vehicle and secured my firearm. As I walked back to the entrance I started reading what must have been a dozen signs that at a distance look like a standard 30.06 sign, but the wording was incorrect. I actually spent a few minutes reading all of them and could not find valid 30.06 text posted. Now they do have half a dozen signs posted in English and Spanish, one above the other in one inch letters, but not the official language as described in the law. Only one sign dealt with "no unlicensed firearm" on premesis, which means nothing to a CHL holder.
    Does anyone know for sure?
    DK Firearms

Last edited:

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    A 30.06 is not enforceable unless it follows the guidelines set out by law.

I personally have not seen a 30.06 at a Buc-ees but its been a while since I was at one of their flagship stores.

TXARGUY

Famous Among Dozens
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 31, 2012
    Wildcat Thicket, Texas
    I just called their corporate office and was told that their stores do not have any signage prohibiting the lawful carry of a concealed handgun.

So there you are.

alexrex20

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    Is Buc-ee's 30.06? I approached the entrance to a Buc-ee's today, and saw what looked like a 30.06 sign, so I walked back to my vehicle and secured my firearm. As I walked back to the entrance I started reading what must have been a dozen signs that at a distance look like a standard 30.06 sign, but the wording was incorrect. I actually spent a few minutes reading all of them and could not find valid 30.06 text posted. Now they do have half a dozen signs posted in English and Spanish, one above the other in one inch letters, but not the official language as described in the law. Only one sign dealt with "no unlicensed firearm" on premesis, which means nothing to a CHL holder.

Um, you already answered your question before you asked it.

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    'Stopped at Buc-ees on the way to visit my daughter in Katy just last Tuesday and read all the damn signs but couldn't find one that convinced me to go back to the car and secure my gun there, so I went right in..................and damn it was crowded!!

rp_photo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012

That would surprise me a great deal if they indeed posted 30.06, as they are a Texas-based company that mostly caters to traveling Texans.

That being said, I visited a smaller Buc-ee's near Lake Jackson last week and saw no prohibiting signage of any kind.

I suspect what you saw was the Unlicensed possession warning sign seen at businesses that sell off-premesis alcohol such as grocery stores.

F350-6

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 25, 2009
    I've stopped at a few of their locations and have never seen a 30.06 sign.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Nope, born in Kansas and raised in Dallas and Huntsville from the age of 3, you mofos. Can't label me that easily. I am a city boy, though.

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    Wait, is that that gas station chain you see off the highway out in the boonies with that corny beaver with a trucker hat for a logo?

matefrio

ΔΕΞΑΙ
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2010
    Missouri, Texas Consulate HQ
    Wait, is that that gas station chain you see off the highway out in the boonies with that corny beaver with a trucker hat for a logo?
    Ding!

BuceesOutdoor4.jpg

kabob

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Dallas
    LOL, like I said, city boy here. Now that I think about it, I went to one recently for gas and some snacks when I went to visit a buddy out in Weatherford.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom