APOD Firearms

I can no longer in good conscience buy HS Precision products, Murderer as spokesman

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    What was the name of the shooter that killed Vickie Weaver?

The answer is Lon Horiuchi.
    icon_smile_angry.gif

It seems that HS Precision has determined that Mr. Murders Women holding Assault Babies is a worthwhile spokesperson for their company. There are several blurbs throughout the catalog as well as a full page commentary of how accurate HS Precision rifles are, on the back page of the 2008 catalog. He was also at Waco.

I cannot in good conscience purchase anything from a company that would take the word of a murderer as a proper sales pitch...

AR15.COM :: Forums :: I can no longer in good conscience buy HS Precision products... Now with pic

Lon Horiuchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contact Email:
    Info@hsprecision.com
    DK Firearms

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    Absolutely agree. Either HS (and everybody that uses their components (are you listening, Remington and Savage?) ditches that POS' endorsements, or I will never, ever spend my money on your products.

What can he say? "This is a great tool for headshooting a woman holding an infant"? He's beneath contempt, and so is any company that would accept his endorsement.

djspump2003

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    Austin
    What was the name of the shooter that killed Vickie Weaver?

The answer is Lon Horiuchi.
    icon_smile_angry.gif

It seems that HS Precision has determined that Mr. Murders Women holding Assault Babies is a worthwhile spokesperson for their company. There are several blurbs throughout the catalog as well as a full page commentary of how accurate HS Precision rifles are, on the back page of the 2008 catalog. He was also at Waco.

I cannot in good conscience purchase anything from a company that would take the word of a murderer as a proper sales pitch...

AR15.COM :: Forums :: I can no longer in good conscience buy HS Precision products... Now with pic

Lon Horiuchi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Contact Email:
    Info@hsprecision.com

I admit that I had to refresh on who that guy is.

I can only think of two ways to look at this:
    1) He missed his shot at the bad guy and instead murdered the innocent woman holding her child.
    2) He intentionally shot the lady in the head.

Either way you look at that it doesn't seem to represent your product very well. He's either a crappy sniper which doesn't say good things about using him to say how awesome your rifles, stocks or whatever are. OR he is a cold blooded murderer that used your product effectively to eliminate the woman armed with the baby. Is HS precision trying to knock off the seen from Full Metal jacket where the Gunny is talking about how both the UT Tower shooter and JFK's assassin were both US Marines and therefore great shots?

I guess ole Lon was also at Waco because there weren't just women to murder, but kids too. What scum.

-just finished reading the rest of the wiki page about Lon. It is a shame that Timothy McVeigh murdered innocent people rather than actually going after this guy who was guilty of a heinous crime.

Renegade

SuperOwner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    Texas
    I can only think of two ways to look at this:
    1) He missed his shot at the bad guy and instead murdered the innocent woman holding her child.
    2) He intentionally shot the lady in the head.

That is exactly how I see it too. I will give him benefit of the doubt on #2, but that leaves #1. You spend your whole life training for a mission, and then you screw up when it is showtime.

No way do I want that person representing my products, and all those other companies who have their logos/names on that page, have some explaining to do.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    You know, accidents can certainly happen in standoffs, hostage crisis', or other type of serious situations like that. The designated marksman (or whatever the proper technical term is) has a massive amount of responsibility and stress on their shoulders in those types of situations. If an unfortunate accident occurs, that's truly sad. I would normally tend to give the officer involved the benefit of the doubt considering the stress and how tough a situation that can be. However, this guy seems to have conducted himself in a relatively unprofessional and deceitful manner. In the Weaver court case he was pretty evasive and used some BS excuses from what I've heard. Also, there is speculation that he possibly did some shady things at the Waco standoff. An unfortunate accident is one thing. A history of deceit and being involved in "accident" after "accident is another thing entirely. I had actually considered buying one of their bolt guns in the recent past, however I will no longer buy anything from HS Precision at this point.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    HS Precision gets endorsement from Lon Horuchi - Page 6 - TheHighRoad.US

Open Letter - MSSA
    Subject: Lon Horiuchi and H-S Precision
    Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 17:24:36 -0700
    To: mssa@mtssa.org

Dear MSSA Friends,

You may remember about Lon Horiuchi, the FBI sniper who killed Vicki Weaver, with babe in arms, at Ruby Ridge in Idaho, 1992.

Horiuchi has been engaged as a spokesperson by sniper rifle producer H-S Precision of South Dakota. H-S apparently likes Horiuchi because he was able to use his FBI contacts to land H-S a fat contract to replace FBI sniper rifles.

MSSA finds this to be beyond sleaze, public association with a known villain for profit.

See MSSA's response at:
    H-S Precision Trophy Room

Sincerely,

Gary Marbut, president
    Montana Shooting Sports Association
    http://www.mtssa.org
    author, Gun Laws of Montana
    http://www.mtpublish.com

sharky47

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    That guy should have hung from a tall tree. Thank you for posting this and I will do my absolute best to avoid HS products.

XDMAR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    Clear Lake
    This is their lame response:

To Our Valued Customers:

H-S Precision has received comments relating to individual testimonials in our 2008 catalog. All of the testimonials focused on the quality, accuracy and customer service provided by H-S Precision.
    The management of H-S Precision did not intend to offend anyone or create any type of controversy. We are revising our 2009 catalog and removing all product testimonials.
    Sincerely,

The Management of H-S Precision

http://www.hsprecision.com/thenews/news.htm

ST5MF

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    WOW

Who at HS precision thought it would be a good idea to use a Murderer who works for a Federal LE Agency for a testimonial?

This has to be the most disturbing thing I have ever seen in the gun industry.

I will make it a point to never buy anything HS Precision- EVER AGAIN.

Top Bottom