• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • czechmate82

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 14, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    Ok, I almost never look at it anymore, but I opened a copy of my local pennysaver ad and looked for the "Guns and Ammunition" ads...maybe they'll be a good deal...right (feel the sarcasm). So, I take a look, and see one ad. It's for a like-new Bersa 380 dual tone with 200 rounds of ammo...for only $500! Ok, I know ammo is getting expensive, but roughly $200 for 200 rounds of ammo is more than a little steep...it's outrageous. And that's giving $300 for the Bersa, which is a little high in my opinion. I believe in capitalism as much as the next red-blooded American:patriot:, but this is too much...I know 380 is hard to find, but come one...

brickboy240

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Houston, TX, USA
    Capitalism works two ways, you know...

If some lazy, impulsive and impatient buyers would not PAY these crazy prices...nobody would be ASKING these crazy prices. Think about it.

So...don't do it!

Don't buy the 1300 dollar ratty low level AR...don't buy the 800 dolllar Romo AK...don't pay 15 bucks for a 50rd box of cheapo 9mm ammo....just don't do it!

If we all chose not to participate...the prices would drop like a rock.

I am not buying the overpriced crap, period...neither should you.

- brickboy240

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Agreed, if we would stop paying these inflated prices I'll bet they would drop. We are our own worst enemy's by hoarding and reacting to "scare tactic's".

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Agreed, if we would stop paying these inflated prices I'll bet they would drop. We are our own worst enemy's by hoarding and reacting to "scare tactic's".

That is exactly correct. We all want some ammo to shoot, but I'm going to mostly shoot .22 until this craziness ends.

I browsed through Cheaper Than Dirt over the week end just to see what they had as far as ammo. They did have 9mm. American Eagle at $30 a box. I watched a guy pick up and buy 20 boxes. Yep, $600 for cheap-o target loads.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    This ridiculous topic has to be a record for the most threads started because of it.

If you don't like it, contact your Rep's and Senators and encourage them to write legislation to fix prices on everything. No more free market, supply what? demand who? We don't need it. Fixed prices on everything and absolutely no negotiating will be allowed.

SAND_MAN1

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Fort Worth
    I browsed through Cheaper Than Dirt over the week end just to see what they had as far as ammo. They did have 9mm. American Eagle at $30 a box. I watched a guy pick up and buy 20 boxes. Yep, $600 for cheap-o target loads.

Yeah I went there a couple of times and all their 9mm is overpriced and I refuse to by ammo from them. They got rape prices in full effect there. 2 thumbs down for them.

Charley

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    San Antonio
    This ridiculous topic has to be a record for the most threads started because of it.

If you don't like it, contact your Rep's and Senators and encourage them to write legislation to fix prices on everything. No more free market, supply what? demand who? We don't need it. Fixed prices on everything and absolutely no negotiating will be allowed

Wonderful idea! I understand B. Obama is working as hard and as fast as he can for "equality". Power to the People! I know, I know, the idea didn't work in the old Soviet Union, but that's because they were meanies. If the right people, like Obama and Hilary would only be in total charge, it would be like heaven come to earth!

'scuse me while I vomit...even satire leaves a nasty taste.

Top Bottom