• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • FrEaK_aCcIdEnT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Cibolo, TX
    I carry 5 O'clock with a XD-45 compact. I usually ise a highnoon holsters bare assets. Very minimalist type holster. I just purchased a aliengear holster and it is not as comfortable in my pickup. Part of it is because I am still trying to get used to it. New leather that needs to be broken in more. Been thinking of coming up with a holster idea for the center console. My old pickup wasnt as harsh on kidney carry.
    ARJ Defense ad

Heinz Bar

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2013
    Spring Branch
    I carry a SR9C in a On Your 6 Design IWB holster with a forward cant at around 4 o clock. I drive a Kia Optima and the holster fits very nicely. It takes the cant to really fit the seat though. Does your current holster allow you to adjust the cant?

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm not slim (5'11', 230#, 39" waist) and carry appendix without difficulty.

What's your chest size though? What I find is, if a person has that V taper, broad shoulders, lats, with a slimmer waste (even if they're big) than their chest/pecs, then it's usually no big deal as your shirt basically drapes off your upper body and will hide the gun for you. If it's the opposite, MUCH bigger deal. My gut is still bigger than my pecs (slowly shrinking), and because of my gut, my belt line is below the gut around my hips, making it effectively impossible to carry AIWB. I've tried a number of dedicated AIWB holsters too, like the CCC Shaggy, I think something from Darkstar Gear or Cane & Derby, and one or two others. Also tried some standard IWB holsters like the Blade Tech Nano, modified, but still a no go.

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Somewhere in the 44 range but my gut sticks out more(at least in my mind). My belt rides at hip level too. I do have a longer torso so maybe that helps. I'll try to get some pics.

I'm curious about how it was difficult for you to carry there. Belly in the way? Printing?

When I look in the mirror, I can't make out the weapon even when just wearing a undershirt.

Last edited:

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Somewhere in the 44 range but my gut sticks out more(at least in my mind). My belt rides at hip level too. I do have a longer torso so maybe that helps. I'll try to get some pics.

I'm curious about how it was difficult for you to carry there. Belly in the way? Printing?

When I look in the mirror, I can't make out the weapon even when just wearing a undershirt.

Because my belt line is under my gut, so my gut is pushing the top of the gun outward, causing it to print horribly and be extremely uncomfortable. Not to mention, with the belt line that low, AIWB makes it pretty much impossible to sit down, stand up, bend over, and move around freely. My pants need to be worn 2-3" higher for it to work, but wearing pants over my gut would just look plain wrong. ;)

Robb in Austin

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2012
    Gtown
    Well, in a few years we'll be able to wear a Dickie's one piece and those Wal Mart black canvas slip ons because it wont matter what we look like. ;)

jparks54

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Fruitvale
    This thread is helpfull im abou to get my chl and iv been afrade I wouldnt be able to find a comfortable way to carry. As I have a hard time wearing some belts because of the buckles.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

S4ZA

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 3, 2013
    TEXAS
    Ray from secure alternatives in CT would always say:

"Carrying daily might not be comfortable, it should, however, be comforting."

Saying goes something like that...

behave like men determined to be free

Last edited:

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    I do a lot of pocket carry when i can if not i carry a SR9C.Sadly I don't have a CHL yet.I carry in and around my house or at the shop where I worked. I use a cheap barsony leather ebay holster no cant in the 3:30 position.It rides very deep.I have a big belly so its most comfortable for me.But from standing,sitting & bending etc.15mins after I put it on I forget about it.
    jypenana.jpg
    uda4emus.jpg

SR9TEX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2013
    Can't quite make out the holster maker. What brand is it? I'm looking for something like that for my Defender.

There on Ebay, brand is Barsony.

Just a searched, Barsony holster defender. And got 40 items pop up that they offer.

Last edited:

specter77

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Bryan, TX
    I now use Remora IWB holsters and comfortably carry (as in forget that it is there) either a P238 or XDs. I use the 4 oclock position and as a reference I am 5' 7" tall and weigh 150lbs. I have also carried my Sig nightmare carry in a Ozark holster and although it is very comfortable the weight is noticeable. Drawing from the seated position in a vehicle is challenging but then so is getting my wallet out of my rear pocket to pay at a drive up window. It can be done.

Gramps

Cultured Pirate
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Central Houston
    Used to roll the Comptac Minotaur at 3 but switched to a Dale Fricke Archangle aiwb holster. Works great for everything except slim t-shirts. Carry either a G19 or G26 without issue. And it helps that I wear button up Columbia style shirts 90% of the time. Easy to reach in nearly any position, easily adjustable in a vehicle, and no print when you reach for something.

Off topic - Main reason for the switch was after training classes, mainly ECQC. If you watch how stuff goes down in real life you may not always be able to get to a 3-5 o'clock holster. AIWB is right at your core - accessible with both hands and ambidextrous is key.

Last edited:

Jungle Work

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I have found that Comfortable Concealed Carry depends on two major things, a Quality Belt and a Quality Holster that support the gun correctly. That is unless you're carrying using a shoulder holster, which I sometimes use, especially when I'll be sitting for long periods, like a long car trip.

What one person likes and uses many times will be different for another person.

Quality is the by word for comfortable and safe carry.

Jungle Work

Richardito

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    The Woodlands, TX
    I'm medium built and with a belly. My most comfortable gun is a snubbie 2" revolver worn around 1:30 in a leather IWB holster with a metal clip for the belt. Comfortable when walking, sitting and driving. I also carry a number of compacts like the CZ-75 with a wider IWB holster, but that can be uncomfortable if worn in my back around 4:00. Carry in different ways and you will find exactly what works for you. But IMHO whatever is 100%comfortable in one scenario (like sitting) will not be as comfortable in other scenarios. So it is always a balance. Also, with time you will get used to your method and you will feel it less and less as time goes.

Top Bottom