• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mustang-PaPa

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    DFW...Granbury
    I've been ankle carrying a S&W 37-2 J-Frame for many many years now and this is one method I always use. In cooler weather I like using the Galco Miami classic shoulder holsters. Which is the most comfortable. I've also used a modified Law Conceilment holster SOB which allows for larger framed guns to be dropped in. SOB is easy for me and my body shape. The only issues are potty breaks and keeping everything up.
    FIST also makes some nice IWB Kydex holsters in the thin material. I find that the least amount of holster material results in less mass and better conceilment.
    Another great option for Glocks is the Glock-Tech MIC trigger guard holsters.
    ARJ Defense ad

HillRider

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    Helotes, TX
    Have you tried Kramer belt scabbard? All-time favorite. No need for iwb with this rig. Most comfortable iwb I have used with out a doubt is Milt Sparks VM2. A must for any 27 oz. or heavier handgun (unloaded). Don't kid yourself with anything else that fails to distribute the weight along the belt properly. Both rigs will serve you well and allow for flat concealment with t-shirts, all day comfort while sitting, moving, or physical labor. Tried Mexican carry, sucks for bending over and moving around. Shoulder rigs look cool, but they don't conceal well without too much effort, hurt your mobility, and they wear you down after a while. Try Levi's jeans jacket inside pocket with a J-frame instead, much better alternative. I've found Galco type holsters to be garbage.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I carry 5 O'clock with a XD-45 compact. I usually ise a highnoon holsters bare assets. Very minimalist type holster. I just purchased a aliengear holster and it is not as comfortable in my pickup. Part of it is because I am still trying to get used to it. New leather that needs to be broken in more. Been thinking of coming up with a holster idea for the center console. My old pickup wasnt as harsh on kidney carry.

I carry an Alien Gear as well but I have a Glock 19 compact.

Since I have a slim to medium frame, it's pretty much impossible to carry any farther to the front and I'm forced to carry at 5 o'clock. It's the most comfortable when standing and walking and lays flat against my back. I've tried it at 4:30 and 4 but the grip protrudes even when I'm standing straight. Love the holster though.

-TXG-

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    I cant remember if it was here or elsewhere when i came across these alien gear holsters. I will be ordering one even though i like my galco and its extremely comfortable and well concealed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I cant remember if it was here or elsewhere when i came across these alien gear holsters. I will be ordering one even though i like my galco and its extremely comfortable and well concealed.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

A friend referred me to them. I love how inexpensive they are while still maintaining excellent quality. The leather is thicker than a crossbreed and if anything at all on the holster breaks they'll replace it, no questions asked. Great product and a fantastic company.

-TXG-

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    A friend referred me to them. I love how inexpensive they are while still maintaining excellent quality. The leather is thicker than a crossbreed and if anything at all on the holster breaks they'll replace it, no questions asked. Great product and a fantastic company.

-TXG-

I'd be curious to put your Alien up against the Old Faithful I have. I've noticed there are very few design differences between these IWB style holsters, but those minor differences are huge. I was happy with my Crossbreed until it wore out so quickly and got the Old Faithful and realized the better quality at a much better price. I felt taken by Crossbreed after that. Now I know the type of leather makes a difference, the thickness of the kydex, and the cut pattern of the leather along with the mounting to the leather.

I'm a fan ass and I carry with a Old Faithful IWB on a gun belt at 4 o'clock and use a waist band carry when I'm wearing pants with no belts.

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I'd be curious to put your Alien up against the Old Faithful I have. I've noticed there are very few design differences between these IWB style holsters, but those minor differences are huge. I was happy with my Crossbreed until it wore out so quickly and got the Old Faithful and realized the better quality at a much better price. I felt taken by Crossbreed after that. Now I know the type of leather makes a difference, the thickness of the kydex, and the cut pattern of the leather along with the mounting to the leather.

I'm curious as well. If either one of us is in each other's neck of the woods we should go shooting and "observe and assess" our products. I still haven't tried my Shark brass catcher but I'm going to the range on Sunday.

-TXG-

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    I'm curious as well. If either one of us is in each other's neck of the woods we should go shooting and "observe and assess" our products. I still haven't tried my Shark brass catcher but I'm going to the range on Sunday.

-TXG-

Yeah I know my girl wanted to hang out for a day but I don't think she realizes how far you are for a day trip.

You should sign up for my site and challenge me for Sunday. I'm trying to shoot tomorrow or Sunday.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    Yeah I know my girl wanted to hang out for a day but I don't think she realizes how far you are for a day trip.

You should sign up for my site and challenge me for Sunday. I'm trying to shoot tomorrow or Sunday.

I'm back in Borger for the break and I won't be back until mid-January. We can probably try it sometime in Jan or Feb though.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    You know what they say about the panhandle (I really don't so insert joke here). My buddy lives in Pampa. How far are you from there?

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom