• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Do you drive with your concealed carry gun in the holster?

If not, do you take the whole rig off or just take the pistol out and put it in another holster or compartment? (I know that freaks some people out.)

What kind of holster do you use?

What position?
    Military Camp

shooterfpga

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Conroe, TX
    A buddy of mine with an owb switches to a shoulder holster in the vehicle. The way he carries if he sits in a vehicle his weapon ends up on a play date with his cornhole. I use an iwb on my strong side which is a deep concealment than most iwb and feels and rides just fine in a vehicle.

Kennydale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Richmond/Rosenberg, TX
    DSCN4634c.jpg 20130607_121837c.jpg It's a 3Speed Holster. I wear it 2:00, and have no problem sitting in the car with it holstered. I just lift my outer shirt out of the seatbelt, and head down the road. If needed , i can get to it easily.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm probably a masochist and do it the hard way but, I still carry at 3:00 with a straight drop holster, usually a Blade Tech Nano or similar style holster. I usually carry either a G17, G19, or Sig P232. It's not the most comfortable thing in the world, but it's what I do. When it comes to situations like car or seated carry or a number of unconventional positions, AIWB seems to have a whole lot of benefits. Only problem is it also seems to be the most difficult carry method to achieve well, and is extremely dependent on precise positioning and holster design, and to some degree body type. Basically, for anyone that has a gut much larger than their pecs, I think AIWB is extremely difficult to near impossible to achieve well.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I dont mind sitting on/against mine for a quick trip but anything longer and i find myself taking the gun or the whole rig off and sticking it in the console (in a holster).

I suppose each body is unique but the sport seats in my car have agressive bolsters.

More big picture and related to the title, i simply have to find the right holster/position to carry comfortably without pain or numbness. I have no plans on switching to a smaller gun.

Booyah

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    San Antonio
    I carry an M&P 45C in a Crossbreed Supertuck between 3-4 o'clock. I have no issues in any seated position for any length of time.

TundraWookiee

Scruffy Nerf Herder
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Cedar Park
    I carry an M&P 45C in a Crossbreed Supertuck between 3-4 o'clock. I have no issues in any seated position for any length of time.
    I carry a G19 in a Crossbreed clone between 3-4 o'clock. Anything over 5 hours it tends to get uncomfortable but for most occasions its fine in the car.

40Arpent

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 16, 2008
    Houston
    I carry a G19 in a Milt Sparks VMII at 3:30....no issues at all no matter how long the drive is, aggressive seat bolsters or not.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Well none of you are helpful telling me how comfortably you carry!

I think part of it...is i just need to carry everyday for several weeks with the same holster in the same spot.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    Well none of you are helpful telling me how comfortably you carry!

I think part of it...is i just need to carry everyday for several weeks with the same holster in the same spot.
    Blah blah lol it takes some getting use to. I found out when i first started it was not comfy at all.
    But as time wore on, i have to think if i have it on. Cant even feel it. But a good holster makes a great diffrence

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I think a lot of it is in my head. When u feel something different contacting you, you think about it more. One day i walked for like 6 hours in the summer heat. Holster and gun were soaked with sweat. I basically didnt think about it being there as i was focused on my walk.

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I cant do 3 o clock. Not sure it its the holster, gun or belt too tight but it actually makes my leg numb. Hits a nerve i guess. Im most comfortable at about 4 i guess.

My gun isnt that heavy. I have a good belt and several holsters. Perhaps my pants are too tight. Damned skinny jeans. Joking!

Last edited:

mitchntx

Sarcasm Sensei
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 15, 2012
    Waco-ish
    Have the same issue ... the butt digs into my fat roll.

My remedy was a reverse draw from the 5 o'clock ... I use a left-handed IWB hybrid like a King Tuck.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    I carry around 4 o clock for comfort but it makes the gun pretty much inaccessible in the car. Still keep it there and rarely have any problems even in a cheap holster.

Looking at some other options and thinking of going to a full size over the winter so that may change things.

Gig'emBCS

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2013
    Bryan Texas
    I also carry at 4 o clock for comfort and use a hidden hybrid holster so if I want to carry owb I can. Being in the car does not bother me but as Younggun stated it makes it hard to access. I also pocket carry a Ruger LCR/ Sig p238 or S&W Bodyguard as backup. As a bigger guy it is hard for me to carry full size so I carry a single stack XDs or baby Glock/midsize. I have lost 30 pounds so far so hopefully it will be more comfortable to carry full size soon.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom