• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmantoo

Cranky old fart: Pull my finger
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    San Angelo
    While many, many, in our nation foam at the mouth over the POTUS election (justifiably) vERY few know who their county tax appraisal board members are.

THOSE are people who should be removed from office regularly. Especially in Texas.

I know colorado has an income tax, and that would, in the end, cost me a lot more money, but knowing that my wife's aunt in Boulder, Co, who owns a 1.4-1.8 $M home pays less in property taxes than 1/3 of what I pay on a +-$300k house bugs the everloving crap out of me.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Mine had gone up last year, so we called our rep at the office.
    She was able to find comparable for both at several hundred dollars less each.

Kinda pissed me off that I had to ask about it.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    ...my wife's aunt in Boulder, Co, who owns a 1.4-1.8 $M home pays less in property taxes than 1/3 of what I pay on a +-$300k house bugs the everloving crap out of me.

Hmm. Lived outside COS from 2013-2016. New construction priced in the mid-$300s drew about $3000 in property taxes; note the school districts in CO don’t/can’t tax your property. That comes from the 5% income tax. Adding both together, my tax obligation in COS far exceeds my total tax obligation in TX.

My Bexar County non-ISD tax assessment is roughly the same for a house here that’s valued 10-ish% higher than our COS home and then the local ISD add on almost doubles my tax obligation, but it’s still less than I would have paid in property and income tax had we stayed in COS.

Top Bottom