• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ericstac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2012
    TX
    Our Academy is on my way home from work every day. I've been in there 12 times since the beginning of the year looking for 9mm or some 30-30 or .243 rifle rounds. Nada. Fortunately I got 250 9mm reloads from a buddy of my father in law.

"On my way home..." - that's the problem. It's sold out by then. Go on the way to work and see what you find, might get lucky.
    Capitol Armory ad

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    If you want a bulk pack of anything you probably need to be there BEFORE they open. I got there 2 hrs early and was second in line. It got me the only 9mm spam can they had and 1 of 3 150 rnd cans if 5.56.

Last edited:

Wild hair

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    If you want a bulk pack of anything you probably need to be there BEFORE they open. I got there 2 hrs early and was second in line. It got me the only 9mm spam can they had and 1 or 3 150 rnd cans if 5.56.

That's how hubby got our 380.
    Stopped on his way home (works nights) so he was there bright and early! Good luck

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    Yeah, yeah yeah - I hear ya. I've got to be at work by 7:30 - like iehooligan. I've asked them many times "When is the truck coming." The answer is always - we don't know. I've got no issues buying ammo on line, but I've never done it and I have no idea who the shysters are. A buddy said Freedom Ammunition, but their website is a little sketchy.

robertc1024

Staff member
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 22, 2013
    San Marcos
    True dat. I'm learning. I do have plenty of shotgun ammo though. Birds Beware. My dogs will get pissed at me if they don't get a few of them in their mouths.

meangreen

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2013
    didnt everything sale out like this last time obama was elected then boom price drops and overstocks in a couple of months

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    didnt everything sale out like this last time obama was elected then boom price drops and overstocks in a couple of months

After the first Kenyan scare my area didn't have any 45ACP for a year and a half.

craigntx

Masta Copypasta
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Cypress, Tejas
    tomball score saturday

Attachments

• OAbT6Mr.jpg
      OAbT6Mr.jpg
      67.8 KB · Views: 69

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    Prices went up starting in November '08 and didn't drop back down for a while. (I'm not sure exactly when - I deployed to Afghanistan in early May '09 and wasn't buying anything for a year.)

But there was still ammo available, it was just more expensive. Now you can't even find .22LR

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It took about a year for supply to meet demand again. Prices fell, but they weren't as low as they were per-Obama. Part of that had to do with metals continuing to climb.

This run on ammo does seem to be a bit more severe than last time... I think I'm ok ammo wise, but it does dampen how much I practice which is never a good thing. Guess I'm mostly just shooting .22lr this year :p

Last edited:

Langenator

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 11, 2011
    College Station
    It took about a year for supply to meet demand again. Prices fell, but they weren't as low as they were per-Obama. Part of that had to do with metals continuing to climb.

This run on ammo does seem to be a bit more severe than last time... I think I'm ok ammo wise, but it does dampen how much I practice which is never a good thing. Guess I'm mostly just shooting .22lr this year :p

Where are you finding .22lr? :confused:

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rgomez5329
    Top Bottom