• ...and so much more!
  • Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    This...I hope you do, lol.

ETA: Hoping you use something like this.....

VanGuard Holster System

I don't use anything else with the clip. With the weight of the glock trigger and the trigger safety, I dont have any real concern about it going bang on me. When I am floating around Kerr. though, I don't carry it chambered. If I go into SA or a place I am not familiar with, I load one up. So for me it's 90% of time with nothing chambered.

I like the vanguard system though. I may have to pick one up!
    ARJ Defense ad

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    10306F5E-98F7-4498-9175-706D6D6B85D4-2710-000002338BE798C2_zps3eeacae5.gif

DA96D299-B355-4294-9CEA-6EF28E1126AA-2710-0000023393230227_zps1449588e.gif

I can conceal all 4 with some ease... Sitting down on the other hand... not so easy

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I absolutely refuse to carry around a lot of gear. I have the gear but can't bring myself to carry it. Leaving it at the house does no good at all. I developed the policy of "Carry small but carry always." I pocket carry a selection of small pistols. Currently, the main ride is a Ruger LCP in .380.

I don't claim that this is right for everyone but it's right for me. In support of my decision, I'd like to point out that the US is the only nation that is obsessed with large caliber and high performance hand guns. The norm around the world for carry pistols is 9x19 Luger, 9x18 Makarov, .380/9mm Kurz and 32 acp. These are hardly Grizzly Bear busters! A HIT with a .380 is more effective than a MISS with a .44 magnum.

WHERE you place the projectile is much more important than what projectile you use.

Flash

Charlie

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    'Top of the hill, Kerr County!
    I absolutely refuse to carry around a lot of gear. I have the gear but can't bring myself to carry it. Leaving it at the house does no good at all. I developed the policy of "Carry small but carry always." I pocket carry a selection of small pistols. Currently, the main ride is a Ruger LCP in .380.

I don't claim that this is right for everyone but it's right for me. In support of my decision, I'd like to point out that the US is the only nation that is obsessed with large caliber and high performance hand guns. The norm around the world for carry pistols is 9x19 Luger, 9x18 Makarov, .380/9mm Kurz and 32 acp. These are hardly Grizzly Bear busters! A HIT with a .380 is more effective than a MISS with a .44 magnum.

WHERE you place the projectile is much more important than what projectile you use.

Flash
    I don't disagree with you about proper placement, but some folks do OK with a larger caliber. Not everyone should carry smaller calibers. They just need to practice and shoot the caliber they choose to carry.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe

Flash

I carried a .22 for a good long while. I can dump 10 rounds of .22 in the same spot pretty damn fast... .45 and 9mm are fun to shoot and I like to limit the number of different calibers that I have. I dont have really big hands but I do have a wide hand, so small grips are not a comfortable option for me.

Hondo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2009
    The F in DFW
    I say carry all of them (not all at once though) I use four different handguns for concealed carry it just depends on the situation. Discreet carry (work etc.), everyday carry and "slob" carry.

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    I wish I had the luxury to debate which gun to conceal carry. All I have is my lonesome G19 (for now). :banghead:

It conceals nicely though so I can't complain.

Kyle

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Conroe
    I love mine. It fits my hand perfectly and isn't too bulky.

I quite like the feel of my g30. Fits the hand perfectly. It carries well and I like the gun all together. There is just something about a glock that keeps me from becoming attached to it whereas I have found a reason to Hang onto my others

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    I quite like the feel of my g30. Fits the hand perfectly. It carries well and I like the gun all together. There is just something about a glock that keeps me from becoming attached to it whereas I have found a reason to Hang onto my others

THATS IT!!.. i don't want (for real) to open up the whole 1911/Glock deal.. but what Kyle said is the bottom line.."just something about a glock that keeps me from becoming attached to it" Sat though a two hour factory video when the dept changed over.. every one in that room came out convinced that Glock was top shelf.. and when we ran the ranges we didn't have (hardly) any more FTF/FTE issues than with revolvers.. considering what we had been firing was about as reliable (S&W, and Ruger revolvers) as you can get, Glock amazed us all.. but there still isn't an emotional attachment to owning one.. sorta like a cresent wrench .. a good tool.. but not a snap on..

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX

I suppose it's different for me because it's my first and only handgun. I'll probably outgrow it once I get a few different makes.

Top Bottom