• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    THATS IT!!.. i don't want (for real) to open up the whole 1911/Glock deal.. but what Kyle said is the bottom line.."just something about a glock that keeps me from becoming attached to it" Sat though a two hour factory video when the dept changed over.. every one in that room came out convinced that Glock was top shelf.. and when we ran the ranges we didn't have (hardly) any more FTF/FTE issues than with revolvers.. considering what we had been firing was about as reliable (S&W, and Ruger revolvers) as you can get, Glock amazed us all.. but there still isn't an emotional attachment to owning one.. sorta like a cresent wrench .. a good tool.. but not Craftsman quality..

Fify
    Target Sports

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I see some people rotate what they carry. I believe in always carrying the same gun, in the same location in the same condition. I get that sometimes we cant do whats ideal but its what i aim for.

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I carry the same one all the time, so i dont have to think.
    I know poa, poi, how it feeds, ejects, how it kicks out mags. Etc..
    If i had different weapons. I maybe rotate, but the thought process is a bit much.
    Its simple for me all i carry is 1911s. But bottom line is carry what you!!! And only you!!!
    Feel!! And be comfy with it.. Big things are. Can you clear. Fix and reload? In a pinch,
    Btw a back up gun is worth the effort. Plus how can one pistol whip anyone in style with other than a 1911

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013

just read that this is your first.. i'm happy for you my friend.. your going to discover a world of fun handguns.. from old to new, from auto to revolver, who know's even SA stuff might be in your future.. note here. some of the old stuff is actually shooting history.. pick up an old Smith model 10, or an old Colt flat latch police positive.. both fire the 38 spl.. a good round that's about the same ballistics as a 9mm and you have a fun cheap gun to shoot that if you look hard enough can be 100 years old.. Wife and i have an old Colt 32 that appears to be made pre 1900.. rambling, but excited for you, this sport of ours is fun.. fairly cheap (price golf) and gives you an edge if the lights go out.. welcome aboard.. hope we can get you into all sorts of good handguns..

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    just read that this is your first.. i'm happy for you my friend.. your going to discover a world of fun handguns.. from old to new, from auto to revolver, who know's even SA stuff might be in your future.. note here. some of the old stuff is actually shooting history.. pick up an old Smith model 10, or an old Colt flat latch police positive.. both fire the 38 spl.. a good round that's about the same ballistics as a 9mm and you have a fun cheap gun to shoot that if you look hard enough can be 100 years old.. Wife and i have an old Colt 32 that appears to be made pre 1900.. rambling, but excited for you, this sport of ours is fun.. fairly cheap (price golf) and gives you an edge if the lights go out.. welcome aboard.. hope we can get you into all sorts of good handguns..

Thanks padre! It definitely won't be my last. Guns to me are a way of life. I enjoy everything about them, their stories, how they work, etc. I'm just glad that I'm finally 21 and don't have to worry about being restricted anymore.

pistolpadre

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Thanks padre! It definitely won't be my last. Guns to me are a way of life. I enjoy everything about them, their stories, how they work, etc. I'm just glad that I'm finally 21 and don't have to worry about being restricted anymore.

On a short related story.. i'm on the way back from the hardware store today.. theirs a little gold silver pawn shop in the same shopping center as Ace hardware.. i stop maybe twice a month for a check on what they have.. JACKPOT.. they have a Colt army DA in 38 spl.. has the newer (NOT flat latch) cyl release, perfect black colt grips.. (these were the old bakelight plastic, with the Colt logo on them).. it was marked at 375, i offered them 350 they excepted it, and put some cash down to save it.. NOW is NOT a good time for me to spend money.. those of you with wife's you get this... anyway, this is pretty much what i was talking about.. more on this when i actually own the gun..

sonuvaTXgun

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Borger, TX
    On a short related story.. i'm on the way back from the hardware store today.. theirs a little gold silver pawn shop in the same shopping center as Ace hardware.. i stop maybe twice a month for a check on what they have.. JACKPOT.. they have a Colt army DA in 38 spl.. has the newer (NOT flat latch) cyl release, perfect black colt grips.. (these were the old bakelight plastic, with the Colt logo on them).. it was marked at 375, i offered them 350 they excepted it, and put some cash down to save it.. NOW is NOT a good time for me to spend money.. those of you with wife's you get this... anyway, this is pretty much what i was talking about.. more on this when i actually own the gun..

Well when you get it, I demand pictures!

Sent with mischievous intent

Top Bottom