I Don't Know Whether to Put On My Tin Foil Hat or Just Slip a Plastic Bag Over My Head

Discussion in 'News Articles' started by gdr_11, Mar 13, 2018.

1. gdr_11

gdr_11 Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    The biggest problem with the internet is the overwhelming amount of information...true and otherwise that bombards us every day. For those of you who ever watched the Stargate series, it is like Jack O'Neill getting his brain filled with the knowledge of the Ancients and then almost dying as a result.

Even though the Las Vegas mass shooting is long past and the FBI has been successful in putting the case to bed, there remains too much about the shooter and the circumstances to satisfy many of us. In the age of government misinformation and because many of the mid to upper level FBI managers are still Obama era appointees, this True Pundit article rang my bell with the allegations about the depth of an FBI coverup.

I personally do not subscribe to these theories but I do believe that the FBI had more information then they let on, and I actually believe that they knew this guy long before the shooting and fell all over themselves to paint a picture of a mystery man rather than tell us the whole story about who he was, what his political affiliations were and if he had done any prior work for the government, legal or otherwise.

In any case, I am setting this aside and am going to purposefully avoid any more articles on this incident until my brain clears. I can't handle any more "anonymous sources".

2. AustinN4

AustinN4 TGT Addict

Nov 27, 2013
    Go with the plastic bag.
  3. gdr_11

gdr_11 Active Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Ha Ha....you're right...probably less painless in the end.
  4. majormadmax

majormadmax TGT Addict

Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    Limit yourself to known, validated sources of information and tune out the other 99.98% of bullshit that people post on the Internet, and you'll be just fine.

The bigger problem is the 99.99% of the population that believe anything and everything that is posted on the world wide web without doing any research on the topic. Hell, in the past 24 hours I have disproved several urban myths consisting of using car headrests to break windows and numerous missing child reports that have since been found (or were BS to begin with, such as the one with Quebec license plates). Even CNN claims that most people don't have a problem with daylight saving time, but the vast majority of folks I know hate it.

Rise above the noise and seek the truth, as it will set you free!! :loaded:
  5. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Wouldn't less painless hurt more?
    Davetex likes this.
  6. tonyt79

tonyt79 New Member

Oct 4, 2017
    I agree with you on this.

But I also agree that many many people get their news from Facebook and social media. I don’t have any personal Facebook, instagram, or twitter. I do use them for business and I tend to go down the rabbit hole of reading the political or current event type pages. A lot of information is flat out lies or misleading, but people seem to believe it. Some people get their news from memes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. oldag

oldag TGT Addict

Feb 19, 2015
    I believe you!! Hmm, wait a minute... :facepalm:
    Bozz10mm likes this.
  8. TreyG-20

TreyG-20 Well-Known

Dec 16, 2011
    You mean memes aren't reliable sources? I think I'm interneting wrong.
  9. Davetex

Davetex TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 27, 2010
  10. Moonpie

Moonpie TGT Addict Lifetime Member

Crown Royal is the answer you seek young padawhan.