Target Sports

I Don't Know Whether to Put On My Tin Foil Hat or Just Slip a Plastic Bag Over My Head

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Sorry, couldn't make myself read all of it. Too verbose.
    I've been avoiding my long posts for quite a while. Just be thankful this wasn't one where I hit the word limit and have to continue for two more posts to finish. :)

The tl;dr for my post would have been something like - I find it crazy-making that even organizations that do good things make up stats to puff up themselves. Sometimes they even succeed in taking on government functions, something I find disturbing. ICMEC is an example of that.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I didn't mean to come across that severe.
    You didn't come across as severe at all.

Generally speaking, anyone who complains that I'm too wordy is completely correct. I agree with 'em.

Heck, when I'm writing (well, when I used to write) for publication, I always go 50% to 100% over my word count. Then I'd let it sit for a day, come back to it, and try to streamline it. Eventually, I can pretty much cut all my first drafts in half with no loss of clarity.

Everything I post to TGT is done quickly and is a first draft so they're always too long.

There's an old line used by writers - "I'm sorry this is too long. I didn't have time to make it short." That line applies to pretty much everything I put on TGT.

AustinN4

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 27, 2013
    Austin

Generally speaking, anyone who complains that I'm too wordy is completely correct. I agree with 'em.

Heck, when I'm writing (well, when I used to write) for publication, I always go 50% to 100% over my word count. Then I'd let it sit for a day, come back to it, and try to streamline it. Eventually, I can pretty much cut all my first drafts in half with no loss of clarity.

Everything I post to TGT is done quickly and is a first draft so they're always too long.

There's an old line used by writers - "I'm sorry this is too long. I didn't have time to make it short." That line applies to pretty much everything I put on TGT.
    OK, now that was too wordy. (LOL)

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx

So now you've gotten lazy and want us to proof read it for ya huh?

Top Bottom