• ...and so much more!
  • Coop45

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    texas
    And yet here we are, having to deal with it in the real world and not in some fantasy world where a military coup miraculously makes everyone happy, is accepted by our opponents, and actually hands power back to the people when all is said and done.

Here's something for you to consider, Antares. Generals in the military are approved by Congress when they're promoted. Do you think every general and admiral is a conservative? Or a Trump supporter? And if they're not, do you think they'd meekly go along with an armed insurrection against the United States Government? You know, an actual violent insurrection rather than the ridiculous media hype over a bunch of protesters trespassing on January 6th... And then what? Martial law? Suspension of our Constitutional protections "for the greater good"? Military tribunals to punish civilians who are on the wrong side of things? Firing squads? And when civilian judges object to the military stepping outside its role as laid out in the Constitution, what then? Put them on trial too?

What you suggest would not result in a "clean" transition of power, it would result in a civil war and the destruction of our nation, with elements of the military involved on both sides. Hell, all three sides, because I guarantee you most conservatives will not support a military takeover. And then it's almost certain our 'friends' in China would be happy to step in and 'help' one side 'restore' the republic - and don't pretend the Dems wouldn't reach out to them.

Your fantasy scenario would leave what's left of the United States as a vassal state to the Chinese communist party, with years of bitter fighting, total destruction of our infrastruction, mass starvation...and a new status as a third-world country. You're engaging in the same kind of wishful thinking the gun control nuts do when they imagine cops going door-to-door disarming the entire country by force.
    Cambodia 2.0
    Texas SOT

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    It was not close. They MASSIVELY ran the numbers up.
    Agree 100%. The media was the only ones shooting Trump in the proverbial foot.

Hunter's laptop is a prime example of the Biden's absolute filth, yet they tried to turn it on Trump for "not playing nice".

Trump lost because of blatant, obvious cheating, not because he failed or shot himself in the foot.

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Agree 100%. The media was the only ones shooting Trump in the proverbial foot.

Hunter's laptop is a prime example of the Biden's absolute filth, yet they tried to turn it on Trump for "not playing nice".

Trump lost because of blatant, obvious cheating, not because he failed or shot himself in the foot.

His administration did many good things. But that does not cause me to have blind adoration for him.

Aus_Schwaben

First to know - Last to care!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 31, 2019
    Abilene, TX
    Try "The Last Centurion" by John Ringo. Pandemic - Check. Election - Check. Incumbent (a pseudo Hillary) loses election but fails to step down. Several generals at the Joint Chiefs take steps to remove the loser allowing the winner of the election to assume office. After that the generals involved resigned.

Well written and deals with several issues we are facing today.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    His administration did many good things. But that does not cause me to have blind adoration for him.
    My admiration extends as far as I voted for him because he represented me very well with the notable excepting of aquessing on bump-stocks and not pushing for the hearing protection act. I thoroughly enjoyed him getting lib's knicks in a knot over not only twitter, but how successful he was in implimenting his/our agenda.

He is a man with men's flaws and he is no demi-god to be worshiped, but that doesn't not mean I cannot praise him like anyone who did my bidding well.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I think Trump was what America needed when he came along. I voted for him in 2020, because I thought he was what we still needed in America to get us back on track, and headed in the right direction.

Trump spoke up for people that hadn't been heard, or represented in many, many years. He made it seem that being blue-collar, and middle class was okay. That being conservative was okay. That being proud to be an American and patriotic was okay. He made us want to be Proud Americans again and make us great again.

Trump was by no means perfect, as politician, or a person. He made mistakes, There were times he spoke up, when he should have kept quiet. He called out people when he should have. He made remarks about certain people, that I think he should have left it better unsaid, but understood. I think he put too much trust in people that were serving their own needs, and not this country's needs. I think he should have come in and started cleaning house of every Obama holdover in DC from the first day.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rjdearinger2
    Top Bottom