• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    Recently I had to wait for a lane at my local range, ASC. This gave me the time to walk the line and see other individuals poking holes in the paper (and wood, ground, uprights).

Maybe I am not the best shot, but I feel that I have now entered the top 25%. Now that may not sound like much of a victory, but I assure you it makes me feel better. If I had to face one of these people as an adversary, I could feel pretty comfortable about coming out unscathed.

Sure there is always a ragged hole target in one of the lanes, because no one ever takes one of those home (they have a stack of them at the house). They leave that beautiful ragged hole to impress unknown shooters who marvel at the accuracy. I would make the ratio of shooters to ragged holes a 1 to 25 ratio.

There are a lot of people that can put them all in a silhouette at 7 yards. I think that is the 15 of 25 people at the range. That leaves some that are better, and some that are worse. So of the remaining from the 25, 9 remain, some better some worse.

I have seen a few gang bangers shooting. they did fairly poorly, but I did not feel compelled to give them any pointers...

I guess I jest need to keep more than 7 yards away to have an advantage, against the average shooter.
    Guns International

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    People carring guns dont bother me either. I have seen the same thing.
    Honestly, I dont consider myself a good shot with a handgun. At 25 yards, all I can do is a 6 to 10 inch group ripid firing. When I can make one big hole, then and only then will I consider myself "good"..
    I often see people shooting at 7 yard target. Not too long ago, I was shooting with some old guy's at the range. Their really good shots and I usually dont ever shoot with anyone. They needed another shooter so they could have a good practice session. They asked me and I was happy to let them show me up. The 15 and 25 yard targets were fun!!! When I got to the 7 yard target , I just kicked it and knocked it over!!
    That old man almost wet himself laughing so hard!! He asked me " WTF"?
    I told him, Why wast a good bullet at 7 yards when you can just kick the shit out of someone!!
    They acted like they never seen somebody kick the crap out of a target before.

IXLR8

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    Republic of Texas
    They acted like they never seen somebody kick the crap out of a target before.

LOL!

Does anyone know (or care) what the percentage of gun owners in Texas is?
    (I don't know but I am SURE that someone on here does...) Real numbers, not just a guess.

And please not just the number of guns, it may exceed the population.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    LOL!

Does anyone know (or care) what the percentage of gun owners in Texas is?
    (I don't know but I am SURE that someone on here does...) Real numbers, not just a guess.

And please not just the number of guns, it may exceed the population.

There really isnt a good way to measure such a thing. The number of CHL's applications has been increasing.
    The only thing I know you could count is CHL people. How can you count the ammount of guns a person has? Nobody but me know how many I have.

Top Bottom