• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    I'm the suspicious kind (that's what you get when you are an accountant for 45+years). I'm wondering if there is a way for your dealership to start broadcasting CEL codes to various vehicles when business is slow. My CEL reader stays in the truck ever since I had a dealership in Ca. (2017) insist my GMC Canyon had a "serious issue". I told them I had a reader and would look into the issue when I got home. While driving home, the CEL mysteriously cleared itself.

I'm not accusing, just saying.......

Now, It has apparently happened again
    • It's been cold down here over the last month so I've been using my remote start (from the FOB) just about every morning on my 2021 RAM 1500 LoneStar. Last night, I get an email from the powers that be at RAM telling me that I should renew the remote app so I can use the remote start feature on it. No other feature that that app has was mentioned.

Once again, I'm not accusing, just saying........
    Lynx Defense

Attachments

• 1706797259727.gif
      1706797259727.gif
      42 bytes · Views: 37

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    I'm sure they could. I know some Honda related site show various real-time data on my spouses vehicle. I also remember driving home my new truck from the dealership and the infotainment system kept getting over-the-air updates and rebooting.

Steve In Texas

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2023
    Austin, Texas
    Everything is spying on us if it has some sort of two way communication. The best answer is to feed the information grabbing beast as much conflicting information as possible. I know that is counter intuitive. Remember though that the gigantic mess of information they have that is stale not so long after being gathered AND the holes attract interest.

Amazon keeps track of where I shop and changes prices. Ruko keeps track of what I watch. Verizon knows all. Google thinks they have advertising profiles. If you feed them some of what they expect you may get useful information in return. But, never trust them.

To avoid them: Read old style books. Pay cash. Put your phone in a Faraday cage. Drive a non-descript car without 4G anything when you need privacy. And the cameras are growing more connected.

The Stainless Steel Rat foresaw this in good science fiction long ago. He fed it for entertainment.

Lead Belly

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    Maybe I'll start looking for a nice 67 El Camino SS396. Probably about the same price as I paid for my 21 RAM 1500.
    You got me thinking.... Here are some El Caminos: from $10k to $50k. Ram was between $31k to $58k

El Camino would need to add touchscreen, cameras, bluettooth, OnStar, WiFi, GPS....:exercise:

OldPhart

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2017
    Orangefield
    You got me thinking.... Here are some El Caminos: from $10k to $50k. Ram was between $31k to $58k

El Camino would need to add touchscreen, cameras, bluettooth, OnStar, WiFi, GPS....:exercise:
    A/C mandatory in TX. The only I things I would add would be a cruise control and nice sound system. GPS would be included with the sound upgrade. Leave it looking fairly stock, especially on the exterior.

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX

Probably won't find any 8 track tapes that are still working, although the music would be an improvement.

Stoneez

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2024
    Ponder
    Everything is spying on us if it has some sort of two way communication. The best answer is to feed the information grabbing beast as much conflicting information as possible. I know that is counter intuitive. Remember though that the gigantic mess of information they have that is stale not so long after being gathered AND the holes attract interest.

Amazon keeps track of where I shop and changes prices. Ruko keeps track of what I watch. Verizon knows all. Google thinks they have advertising profiles. If you feed them some of what they expect you may get useful information in return. But, never trust them.

To avoid them: Read old style books. Pay cash. Put your phone in a Faraday cage. Drive a non-descript car without 4G anything when you need privacy. And the cameras are growing more connected.

The Stainless Steel Rat foresaw this in good science fiction long ago. He fed it for entertainment.
    I also read, recently, they can also build a 3D map of your home and even possibly your location in your home, just by using your wifi signal from your router. It uses the radio signals as a sort of radar. It is getting harder and harder to drop off the grid if you want to.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gillikenobi
    Top Bottom