I forgot, what do I need for an SBR?

cnl390

May 27, 2009
I am purchasing a 12.5" 300blk upper. I know I can use it as a pistol while I wait for the BATFE forms to clear.
But what else is involved? Don't I have to get a lower engraved? I can't remember the particulars or sequence.
Thanks

cconn

Sep 5, 2009
Hemphill
You will need to have your Trust name and city engraved on the lower before you assemble to SBR.

When I did my first one I sent the lower off for engraving. When it came back I put it together as a pistol to function test. Then sent the Form 1 off to the ATF.

The two I am waiting on now, I sent the Form 1 off first, and will wait until it comes back before I assemble the lowers.

cnl390

May 27, 2009
Thanks for the info. A couple more questions please. If I send off the Form 1 first, I still need to have a lower on hand because you have to put manufacturer on the form, correct? Isn't there a real good engraver just outside of Austin, Round Rock?

You will need to have your Trust name and city engraved on the lower before you assemble to SBR.

When I did my first one I sent the lower off for engraving. When it came back I put it together as a pistol to function test. Then sent the Form 1 off to the ATF.

The two I am waiting on now, I sent the Form 1 off first, and will wait until it comes back before I assemble the lowers.

cconn

Sep 5, 2009
Hemphill
Thanks for the info. A couple more questions please. If I send off the Form 1 first, I still need to have a lower on hand because you have to put manufacturer on the form, correct? Isn't there a real good engraver just outside of Austin, Round Rock?
Yes, since you have to put the original manufacturer on the Form 1, you will need a lower on hand prior to submitting the Form 1. I have been using IdentMarking for mine.

Top Bottom