• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    I am purchasing a 12.5" 300blk upper. I know I can use it as a pistol while I wait for the BATFE forms to clear.
    But what else is involved? Don't I have to get a lower engraved? I can't remember the particulars or sequence.
    Thanks
    Venture Surplus ad

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    You will need to have your Trust name and city engraved on the lower before you assemble to SBR.

When I did my first one I sent the lower off for engraving. When it came back I put it together as a pistol to function test. Then sent the Form 1 off to the ATF.

The two I am waiting on now, I sent the Form 1 off first, and will wait until it comes back before I assemble the lowers.

cnl390

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    Thanks for the info. A couple more questions please. If I send off the Form 1 first, I still need to have a lower on hand because you have to put manufacturer on the form, correct? Isn't there a real good engraver just outside of Austin, Round Rock?

You will need to have your Trust name and city engraved on the lower before you assemble to SBR.

When I did my first one I sent the lower off for engraving. When it came back I put it together as a pistol to function test. Then sent the Form 1 off to the ATF.

The two I am waiting on now, I sent the Form 1 off first, and will wait until it comes back before I assemble the lowers.

cconn

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2009
    Hemphill
    Thanks for the info. A couple more questions please. If I send off the Form 1 first, I still need to have a lower on hand because you have to put manufacturer on the form, correct? Isn't there a real good engraver just outside of Austin, Round Rock?

Yes, since you have to put the original manufacturer on the Form 1, you will need a lower on hand prior to submitting the Form 1. I have been using IdentMarking for mine.

Top Bottom