I found this on another board.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by laotsu, Mar 28, 2009.

1. laotsu

laotsu New Member

Mar 28, 2009
    I found this on another board, thought it was kind of a unique idea, so I thought I would post it here and see what everyone thinks.
    :
    Ok, many people would think an upside down American flag is disrespectful, but they are usually unaware that an upside down flag is a sign of dire distress...

so here is an idea: What if everyone flew their American flag upside down to signal the extreme distress this nation is in?

Think of it--think about how powerful of a statement this would be to the government at all levels, to tell them that we the people are sick and tired of being mistreated, of having our tax money wasted and squandered, and gave out to our enemies while our own national infrastructure falls apart, and while our own people are suffering while the banks and their CEOs are being allowed to live in the life of luxury at taxpayer expense, that we are sick and tired of the government handing out literally HUNDREDS OF BILLIONS of dollars to foreign companies and foreign banks as part of this "bail out"--while our own people are left homeless, and while our own leaders are wanting to strip us of our rights in the name of Mexico, while they themselves literally hide behind men with guns, and in so doing are nothing but a group of hypocrits...think about this, think if this idea could get started and it began to spread...

Just an idea. So what do you think?

2. DCortez

DCortez TGT Addict

Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    Distress Day!

+1

3. willypete

willypete New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    upside down with a black flag above it

4. JKTex

JKTex Well-Known

Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    That might tell you a little something about the type of person/people or site you got it from. Or how "American" they pretend to be.

The problem with that is that while the American Flag flown upside down is a sign of distress, it's a sign of distress on the high sea. It's not proper protocol on land.

People like to molest or interpret things to fit their personal agenda.

Nice thought, but not well thought out. :patriot:

5. Texas1911

Texas1911 TGT Addict

May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    I've seen a small protest that carried a flag upside down and it made me want to kill everyone in it. I personally do not support this notion.

6. Shorts

Shorts TGT Addict TGT Supporter

Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Yup, we wouldn't do it either.

7. navyguy

navyguy TGT Addict

Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I think anything you do to our flag that is not protocol is disrespectful. Having given oath to defend it, I personally am offended by those that do so, and would have no part of that, no matter how noble the cause our intention. Figure out something else to make a point. And that’s not a personal attach on you. I’m sure your a good person with good intention, just misguided in this endeavor.

8. juwaba98

juwaba98 Well-Known

May 9, 2008
    North Zulch, TX
    I am a member of another forum that has this type of display on their main header. I have not visited that site since that has happened other than to see if they have removed it. I won't contribute there while that is going on and may not return in general. It's a shame too as they seemed to be a great group.

Edited to add: Dummy me spoke before I verified and the forum I was referring to has indeed returned to normal. I'll give 'em a look and see how things feel again.

9. guardrail

guardrail New Member

Mar 19, 2009
    Richmond, Tx
    amen

10. DrBart2

DrBart2 Active Member

Mar 10, 2008
    Burleson
    There are many was to show our dissatisfaction with our leaders. I don't believe flying our flag up-side down is one. Being ex-navy, it is true to use this as a way of showing distress, but as said above, it is for ships at sea.