• ...and so much more!
  • kaidorsai

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Ft. Hood, TX
    OK, so I get to be first, big deal.:cool:

Serious question though.

Is IDPA gonna revise the rules anytime soon? The AWB has expired and I dont know ANYONE with a CHL that carries 10 or less. Just seems that the IDPA needs to get in tune with the times

Discuss amongst yourselves.

Les
    Texas SOT

HighVelocity

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 5, 2008
    DFW, TX
    Show me a 10 shot wheelgun and I'll figure out how to carry it. :D

Seriously though, there are a few IDPA rules that I'd like to see changed, reloading in the open/on the move, for example. If my gun runs dry in the open, I'm starting my reload right now! Not carrying an empty gun until I'm behind cover and THEN starting my reload. :rolleyes:

But, it's just a game and all games have rules. As long as everyone's playing by the same rules and their are penalties for those that don't, I'll play along and have fun doing it.

Gary

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    The 10rd limit is ridiculous I think. While I think some rules could definitely use changing, at the same time I wouldn't want to see IDPA turn into IPSC with race guns and the like. ;)

Twincannons

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    North Texas
    I agree, you should shoot what you brought to the fight, but as said before IDPA is a game with rules. Rules that have to be applied to everyone regardless of where they live, as long as there are states that limit 10 round mags then the rules have to be fair to them. Unfortunately this limits us all, there are rules in IDPA that I don't agree on as mentioned the reload in the open, but then may be one day the BoD of IDPA will listen and change a few rules to better fit real life situations.

J.D.
    www.tr-pc.com

planorick

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    The ten rounds mag rule can't be easily changed as there are some states that don't allow anything over ten. To make the "game" fair to everyone, it must stay ten.

Top Bottom