I got aproval to adopt this 2 year old.

Shady

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 24, 2013
No not a human kid a fur kid

Yes I know Belgian Malinois are a handfull and I hope I am up to the task. I have owned working dogs for most of my life.

2 year old 55lb fur missle.

Picking up a case of tennis balls and a machine to throw them lol.

Will know Sat afternoon.

1626460699734.png

Shady

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 24, 2013
Terrific animals.
2 years old, might have to fight to show her who is the boss....

ETA: Full blood Malinois, or half GSD?

Its listed as full Mal but then down in the "description" it says Mal blend I don't know what that means but think it means mutt lol.

I see Shepard in her face.

I thought my rotts were hard then I got a doberman and Rotts are cake. If the Mal is the same step up from the rott to dobie its going to be a real challenge.

ah she is only 55 lbs how bad can it be NO NO NO I did not just say that I take it back.

My dobie is a bully to timid or submissive dogs not that he hurts them he just does not stop showing them who is the boss by pinning them constantly.

The owner assures me she is not a pushover lol. As long as they are equal or she is more dominant then it should work out.

Sam my dobie was 90lbs pre covid :) and the vet said he was 5lbs over weight so I interpret that as 15lbs over as a vet does not want to chase off customers.

Sam has never lived with another dog for more than 2 weeks when i stayed with family but other dogs to him are the ultimate treat/reward higher than even food.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
Its listed as full Mal but then down in the "description" it says Mal blend I don't know what that means but think it means mutt lol.

I see Shepard in her face.

I thought my rotts were hard then I got a doberman and Rotts are cake. If the Mal is the same step up from the rott to dobie its going to be a real challenge.

ah she is only 55 lbs how bad can it be NO NO NO I did not just say that I take it back.

My dobie is a bully to timid or submissive dogs not that he hurts them he just does not stop showing them who is the boss by pinning them constantly.

The owner assures me she is not a pushover lol. As long as they are equal or she is more dominant then it should work out.

Sam my dobie was 90lbs pre covid :) and the vet said he was 5lbs over weight so I interpret that as 15lbs over as a vet does not want to chase off customers.

Sam has never lived with another dog for more than 2 weeks when i stayed with family but other dogs to him are the ultimate treat/reward higher than even food.

Yeah, this is why I asked.
She is a beauty, though....

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
She's not full blooded but it doesn't matter.

Belgians are the smartest dogs I ever dealt with. Once bonded, you can teach them anything in a few minutes and most are confident enough to withstand correction without damage.

Good luck.

Ps. Dont ever let her know she can jump an 8 foot fence or muzzle punch you.

Ask me how i know, lol

Shady

TGT Addict
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aug 24, 2013
Ya I have 4ft chain link. My dobie and my prev dogs have all been able to clear it without trying they just never figured it out or never wanted to leave they saw how bad the neighbor dogs have it compared to living in the A/C home lol.

My dobie puts his front paws on the top bar and then his back feet get like 1-2 inches. When he is playing with the next door neighbor dogs at the fence. I do discourage it but at 7.5 years old and smart as a whip if he was going to jump it he would have.

I have to say the info I have learned about the mal makes me have that twinge of it may be more than I can deal with.

I will have to ask about if they know her mix. They said she was left with a neighbor when the original owner had to move for a short time and they never came back for the dog. The person watching the dog ended up turning her into the rescue.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
TGT Supporter
Lifetime Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
May 14, 2008
The Woodlands, Tx.
I hope you won't mind a grass less path around your fence, lol.
Ours was pretty much non stop, when she was outside.

candcallen

Purveyor of Snark Humor and Truth.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Jul 23, 2011
Little Elm
I would say shepherd mix. Not a bad mix to have to tone the energy down just a tad.

Definitely more malinois stature then stocky like a shepherd.

Lucky guy.

Products discussed on TGT

Top Bottom