• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    No not a human kid a fur kid

Yes I know Belgian Malinois are a handfull and I hope I am up to the task. I have owned working dogs for most of my life.

2 year old 55lb fur missle.

Picking up a case of tennis balls and a machine to throw them lol.

Will know Sat afternoon.

1626460699734.png
    Gun Zone Deals

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Terrific animals.
    2 years old, might have to fight to show her who is the boss....

ETA: Full blood Malinois, or half GSD?

Its listed as full Mal but then down in the "description" it says Mal blend I don't know what that means but think it means mutt lol.

I see Shepard in her face.

I thought my rotts were hard then I got a doberman and Rotts are cake. If the Mal is the same step up from the rott to dobie its going to be a real challenge.

ah she is only 55 lbs how bad can it be NO NO NO I did not just say that I take it back.

My dobie is a bully to timid or submissive dogs not that he hurts them he just does not stop showing them who is the boss by pinning them constantly.

The owner assures me she is not a pushover lol. As long as they are equal or she is more dominant then it should work out.

Sam my dobie was 90lbs pre covid :) and the vet said he was 5lbs over weight so I interpret that as 15lbs over as a vet does not want to chase off customers.

Sam has never lived with another dog for more than 2 weeks when i stayed with family but other dogs to him are the ultimate treat/reward higher than even food.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Its listed as full Mal but then down in the "description" it says Mal blend I don't know what that means but think it means mutt lol.

I see Shepard in her face.

I thought my rotts were hard then I got a doberman and Rotts are cake. If the Mal is the same step up from the rott to dobie its going to be a real challenge.

ah she is only 55 lbs how bad can it be NO NO NO I did not just say that I take it back.

My dobie is a bully to timid or submissive dogs not that he hurts them he just does not stop showing them who is the boss by pinning them constantly.

The owner assures me she is not a pushover lol. As long as they are equal or she is more dominant then it should work out.

Sam my dobie was 90lbs pre covid :) and the vet said he was 5lbs over weight so I interpret that as 15lbs over as a vet does not want to chase off customers.

Sam has never lived with another dog for more than 2 weeks when i stayed with family but other dogs to him are the ultimate treat/reward higher than even food.

Yeah, this is why I asked.
    She is a beauty, though....

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    She's not full blooded but it doesn't matter.

Belgians are the smartest dogs I ever dealt with. Once bonded, you can teach them anything in a few minutes and most are confident enough to withstand correction without damage.

Good luck.

Ps. Dont ever let her know she can jump an 8 foot fence or muzzle punch you.

Ask me how i know, lol

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ya I have 4ft chain link. My dobie and my prev dogs have all been able to clear it without trying they just never figured it out or never wanted to leave they saw how bad the neighbor dogs have it compared to living in the A/C home lol.

My dobie puts his front paws on the top bar and then his back feet get like 1-2 inches. When he is playing with the next door neighbor dogs at the fence. I do discourage it but at 7.5 years old and smart as a whip if he was going to jump it he would have.

I have to say the info I have learned about the mal makes me have that twinge of it may be more than I can deal with.

I will have to ask about if they know her mix. They said she was left with a neighbor when the original owner had to move for a short time and they never came back for the dog. The person watching the dog ended up turning her into the rescue.

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    I hope you won't mind a grass less path around your fence, lol.
    Ours was pretty much non stop, when she was outside.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    I would say shepherd mix. Not a bad mix to have to tone the energy down just a tad.

Definitely more malinois stature then stocky like a shepherd.

Lucky guy.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I got turned down by a Malinois rescue. I guess they a fat gimpy guy couldn’t handle the breeds energy level. Right before I got my American Bulldog I got turned down by some Bulldog rescue!

I remember the state giving a crazy chick I know 4 crack addicted kids easier then getting a dog!

7 years ago I was approved by the big dobie rescue in Huston. getting approved was the easy part. it was when they started saying I needed to submit my first born to get a dog. I went with a show breeder in Bastrop. She only had 1-2 litters a year with full screening.

It is where I got my Dobie Sam at 6 months old. They held him and his sister back as possible show dogs. And at 6 months they decided on his sister to go to the ring as Sam was 1/2" over size for his age. So he was changed to a family dog.

I have no clue what that lady did to him in that 6months but he has not one aggrssive bone in his body unless you are a reptile I have no more lizards in my yard. You can literally mess with any part of him and he just stands there. The vet said he rarely sees dogs that let you mess with the feet eats and rectal thermometer with out a flinch.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I hope you won't mind a grass less path around your fence, lol.
    Ours was pretty much non stop, when she was outside.

I have trails cut in my yard from the back door to the neighbors fence at least 3/4" deep from my rotts then my dobie over the last 13 years so no issues there for me anyways. Th trail along the fence is really getting deep but I don't have to mow the non existent grass or weeds for 12" away from it.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well pick up went better than expected.

Everyone that went by the open top kennel would reach in and be greeted with a raised head for a chin scratch. First thing that happened when sam stopped to sniff her was a snarl but that is actually a good thing because it let him know not to push it. Walked them around about 45 minutes and nothing but good signals.

I was a bit worried about the ride home with them both in the back seat of the supercrew. When I rolled down the window Sam usually uses she put her head out and he looked at me and whined lol.

The person fostering her knew the people who turned her in and they said she was 100% mal.

She is very skinny. they said she was at the shelter 2 months so if that is true she was a bag of bones and put on weight or they were not feeding her quite enough.

Yes I now dogs are supposed to be skinny and you should see an hour glass on there back and 1-2 ribs from the side. You can see all her ribs and hip bones along with feeling her spine when you pet her.

Super affectionate fell asleep in my lap when we got home for a good 45 minutes.

I forgot how much dogs with hair shed
    :(
    I spent 20 minutes brushing her and still when we went out back rubbing her produced GOBS of hair. I assume not to much time was spent on fun with the dogs in the fosters care but it beats the hell out of what they might have faced without rescues.

the foster said she was in a kennel 10ish hours a day due to her work. That kind of sucks. I did buy a kennel for when I go to work I come home at lunch so she will be in there 4-5 hours.

From what I have seen today I don't think giving her free roam like my dog gets will be a problem but i am going to use it at least the first week to make sure all is well with no supervision.

If she has super drive its not showing today but I am sure the day and time spent at the foster have been extra stressful.

I think I will see more of her true self in the next few weeks.

I think its going to be a good match.

and if she is a blend/mix makes no difference to me. she is the perfect size and so far great disposition.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I dont think the name Vudu is going to stick.

top pick I thought of is
    Alpha

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    ya know its just to smooth.

I think the rescue told her "you best be good for 7 days or he can return you"

only bad things so far

She has snarled at my dobie a few times but he was invading her space. And 2 of the time she was in my lap and 2 more regarding food. Sam has always just eaten when he wants to he needs to learn eat it it gets picked up she is not going to get 4 meals a day.

I am going to have to watch close about guarding resources and me. I can see that becoming a problem.

Other than that almost 24 hours and she is chill as can be nothing like I was expecting KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!

Definitely going to have a dog at my feet anytime I am home. She is curled up under the desk as I type.

happy tails on our 4 mile walk this am at the local park. Ya I know its a crappy cell phone pic I think I rubed my finger on the lens

1626612217836.jpeg

Texas45

Well-Known
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 10, 2020
    Not where you are
    ya know its just to smooth.

I think the rescue told her "you best be good for 7 days or he can return you"

only bad things so far

She has snarled at my dobie a few times but he was invading her space. And 2 of the time she was in my lap and 2 more regarding food. Sam has always just eaten when he wants to he needs to learn eat it it gets picked up she is not going to get 4 meals a day.

I am going to have to watch close about guarding resources and me. I can see that becoming a problem.

Other than that almost 24 hours and she is chill as can be nothing like I was expecting KNOCK ON WOOD!!!!!!

Definitely going to have a dog at my feet anytime I am home. She is curled up under the desk as I type.

happy tails on our 4 mile walk this am at the local park. Ya I know its a crappy cell phone pic I think I rubed my finger on the lens

View attachment 267037

Its the quite ones that ya gotta watch out for.

Nice looking pups.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom