• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    2 dogs 1 3" lizard and uneven pavement = I am going to get a wrist X-ray this morning.

lizard ran past 1 dog sees second dog turns and heads back to dog 1 and repeats this 3-4 times. I think to myself and may have said it. That dude is fucked. Lizard b-lines it past me and both dogs say that fucker is lunch. So now I have a dog on each side of me running from my front side to behind me. My dobie has pulled me over 1 other time when going for a skunk he was on a 100ft leash I went down lucky the leash did not come off my wrist. He got to with about 4' and the leash stopped him. Said skunk was not happy and let out a blast lucky it was not a direct hit. But sams muzzle stunk for a while.

I go down get road rash on my left elbow. Finish the walk fix up the rash ice my wrist. Woke up this AM with a swollen hand and its all red by the "ball" of the wrist and top of my hand. Very limited range of motion especially in the up direction. I have very little grip strength.

so off to urgent care when they open. If I could move my wrist in all directions I would probably just ice it and see how it is for the next day or so.

no I am not mad at them. I let sam chase them all the time. He is usually on a 100ft leash so its not a big deal.

With the new dog they are both on 6' leads till Vu figures out how it works.

She is very good on the leash no pulling I was surprised.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So after a month

Yes I know the video is in the wrong direction I dont use youtube.
    yes I now know I need to start filming in horizontal mode as youtube no longer lets you rotate.

Sam And Voo in mortal combat.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Wrist is at 90%

Orthopedic surgeon said the broken bone looks like its growing back together good.
    the pain is now from soft tissue and 99% of the time it heals fine. If the pain is not gone in a month come back and we will MRI it and go from there.

That was 9 days ago and the pain is still decreasing and only hurts if I twist my arm and wrist into unnatural positions.

So I am sure its going to be fine I would say if it keeps going as is end of next week I will be back to 99% knock on wood.

I am still amazed that the dog was given up for adoption she is so chill and laid back

Only issues that happened

I came home to my sliding door vertical blinds ripped up like 4-5 of them close to where the door opens. After giving her the look and she slunk down how can you be mad lol. I then found a Turd in the back room and assume she was at the back door trying to get out so made me feel bad for giving her the look.

And I am never alone if I change rooms she always follows.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    That's awesome!
    Poor neighbors dog wants to play too....
    that poor neighbor dog well all 3 of them are out front roaming the hood. I would take my dobie out on a 100Ft leash and they would do the same play as sam and voo.

I let one of the blue healers in the house from time to time she is a sweat heart too. And wants nothing to do with playing with Sam lol hes to much of a brute.

I got home from a walk and was taking my dogs into the front door when the neighbor showed up to borrow a gas can and the barking dog came too.

It was not play when he charged into Voo's personal space snarling with teeth out. She met him in kind and the owner grabbed his dog and took him home.

I am not sure if it would have been a full on fight if it was not stopped as soon as it happened or if one of them would have backed down and it would have all been good. And I don't want to find out if its going to be a full on fight. That happened the first week.

Now they do run the fence and do not fence fight so I think it will be fine if they do meet without a fence again as long as he does not just charge in.

Voo is fine with everyone and all the dogs so far the couple of times we have hit dog park.

My dobie thinks its bull shit when he does not get to go and she does lol.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I am not going to jump on the rescue band wagon.

Yes its a good thing to do.

I normally decide what breed I want due to characteristics and temperament and its always a working dog and usually large 70lbs or more. I find a reputable responsible show breeder that tracks health and temperament and are always trying to improve the breed. So far that has worked well for me with few early deaths or major long term health problems.

Due to being single and working 10 hour days <I do come home at lunch> 4 days a week it kind of made a puppy impossible.

I will say it again Rescues are a great thing to do.

Responsible breeders that include a spay or neuter clause and only breed to produce show stock and sell the non conforming or excess pups are a great thing.

Back yard breeders,puppy mills and puppy stores are a blight on society and should be punished to the full extent of the law.

agree or disagree I don't really care.

while picking her up they had 3 people returning dogs to the rescue that I saw due to behavior problems and ya for the most part I am guessing its due to lazy owners or people who do not want to be the head of the pack.

Be vary careful or skilled dog owner that knows what to look for in a older dog and ask the person fostering the dog a lot of questions about the dog. Make sure you spend some time with the dog BRING YOUR CURRENT DOG with you to meet the new dog.

I will say that the grate dane rescue from San Antonio had a very good group of dogs at the meeting place for pickups and I would recommend them to anyone looking.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    There is a risk with shelter dogs. Some of them have been in bad situations or been fending on their own for a long time. This can cause problems around other dogs or even with people.

Great thing to do, but not without risk.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Malinois are the smartest dogs. Problem solvers. It's why they need lots of attention and training or they get in trouble if bored.

Coyote9

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 13, 2020
    Granbury Texas
    No not a human kid a fur kid

Yes I know Belgian Malinois are a handfull and I hope I am up to the task. I have owned working dogs for most of my life.

2 year old 55lb fur missle.

Picking up a case of tennis balls and a machine to throw them lol.

Will know Sat afternoon.

View attachment 266755
    "Can't Buy Me Love" WRONG .. congratulations to you both!

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    So Voo attacked our shop cat a while back. Ended up just a few puncture wounds on the cat only 1 needed stitched

I warned my neighbor that his cats he lets roam are in danger if they come in my yard as the dog is known to attack cats.

He said cats roam I am not going to lock them in the house.

He also said I better not let my dog attack his cat if its in my back yard.

I let him know I would not let my dog attack the cats but if my dogs are out in the back yard untended there is not much I am going to be able to do about it.

I bet you know where this is going.

This morning at 3:30am I let my dogs out as usual to go do there thing before I leave for work.

As usual Voo is out the back door like a rocket. I assume to chase the deer in the yard and alley behind it.

after about 2-3 minutes my Dobie Sam starts barking like crazy and he normally only barks 1 or 2 times.

Grab a flash light and see Voo shaking her head and the glow of green eyes flying around.

By the time I got there and dragged the 2 dogs into the house the cat was very dead.

I feel sad for the cat but also want to kick the owners ass for not heading the warning.

crappy way to start the day.

Top Bottom