I got one of my Teenage "grail" guns today, now I'm thinking it's too nice to shoot..

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Dr_Nimslow, Dec 23, 2016.

1. Dr_Nimslow

Dr_Nimslow New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I've always wanted an HK P7M8 since I was a teen in the 80's, but I could never justify one. Or I talked myself out of it. Today, in a fit of temporary insanity I purchased one.

I set out to get a shooter, but the prices have gone just insane. For just a little more than the shooter prices I've seen recently I got this one from a serious collector locally.

It's a IF (1985) date code, Chantilly import. New in the box, never fired, but with the "thin trigger" upgrade. The gun was purchased by a collector in Dallas, from the collector in Germany who had bought it new.

I don't own any guns I won't shoot, but this thing is so nice, I'm almost afraid to shoot it.

A couple of horrible iPhone pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ZX9RCAM

ZX9RCAM Over the Rainbow bridge... TGT Supporter

Excellent choice!
    Do like.

3. qwiksdraw

qwiksdraw Active Member

Mar 7, 2013
    Sachse, TX
    Many years from now it can be a pretty gun in abox

or

it will be a gun with lots of stories.

Shoot it!

4. Dr_Nimslow

Dr_Nimslow New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    I'll shoot it, I just have convince myself. but I know it will happen, soon.

5. Dawico

Dawico TGT Addict

Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I would buy a shooter and keep that one put up.

Very nice.

6. Dr_Nimslow

Dr_Nimslow New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    In a perfect world, that's what I would do. It was hard enough to convince my wife I "needed" this one, and it made a huge dent in my gun budget for next year, I'll be sending three other pistols down the road for this. If I can find the right deal, I'll score a shooter, but otherwise, this one will have to do.

7. Coiled

Coiled Active Member

Nov 25, 2016
    Ifartistan
    It looks like a modified Glock. :green:

If unfired I say don't squeeze the trigger but this is all beyond my knowledge.

8. Not shooting a gun is like having a hot wife you aint boinking, or a pick up truch that you never hauled anything in. People told me I was nuts to shoot my new burst marked Colt M16A2. Shooting it has given me lots of happiness!

9. Dr_Nimslow

Dr_Nimslow New Member

Dec 12, 2016
    Ya, I no longer "collect", I bought it to shoot. I know I'll kill some of the value, but they have taken off in price since the police trade in's dried up, and I don't see them getting any cheaper. My real worry is parts. HK no longer produces spare parts, so when they are gone, that's it. I've scrounged most of the known hi breakage parts, but I still have a few left before I'll be happy.

10. I have a H&K P9S that's a safe queen. About the only part on it that will fail is the buffer & there are aftermarket buffers available.