• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    So, I bought 1000 rounds of 9mm on gunbroker from someone in Butte MT. Sent them a postal money order and a couple of weeks later I received 400 rounds of 9mm. No damage to the box and the weight on the package is on 13 lbs so it definitely didn't fall out along the way.

I have tried contacting them and gotten no response. They were relatively responsive up until this point.

Since they are in another state it doesn't seem like I have much recourse here but I thought I would see if anyone here had any ideas on if I have any chance of getting my money back or if I am just screwed.
    DK Firearms

dobarker

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2010
    Sonora
    Have you already gone through gunbroker's buyer information. They have a pretty safe system going on. Contact them and they will help you resolve it or shut the other guys account down. Check the amount of feedback that fellow has. If it's anywhere above say the 150 range, they'll more than likely have to start talking to you because it's a pain in the ass to get that much feedback.
    Also like txi said, it very well could be mail fraud. Either way, your at a loss and theres a way though it.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    Total Feedbacks: 27
    Positive Feedbacks: 25
    Neutral Feedbacks: 1
    Negative Feedbacks: 1

Positive Feedback: 96%

The one negative was in 2006 and it was feedback as buyer.

Bushmaster

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2010
    Dallas
    If you have proof of everything, including the weight of the package, you can get something done about it. All in all, GunBroker is a pretty reputable site. Every now and then a shady character will fall through the cracks, but you can't really blame them for that. Next time, I would go with a reputable firearms dealer and a trusted payment processing company. If it's okay with the mods, I'll post a link here to a good company that a friend works with.

http://www.gunmerchantaccount.com
    If this is unacceptable, accept my apologies.

Rum Runner

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Plano
    Total Feedbacks: 27
    Positive Feedbacks: 25
    Neutral Feedbacks: 1
    Negative Feedbacks: 1

Positive Feedback: 96%

The one negative was in 2006 and it was feedback as buyer.

That suxs, I would have bought from him. Hope this is just some kind of mistake. I assume the amount paid was not much more than $100 if any, so Gunbroker probably won't do much. Probably best to pursue the mail fraud angle.

dalto

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2010
    Austin
    I went to gunbroker and they just sent out a nasty email. I looked into the postal thing and it looks like I can file a complaint but they will not intervene unless there are multiple complaints. I tried to contact the person again and again directly but they have not responded to my email since they got my money and the phone number on file with gunbroker seems to be fake.

OldCurlyWolf

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    Tulia
    I went to gunbroker and they just sent out a nasty email. I looked into the postal thing and it looks like I can file a complaint but they will not intervene unless there are multiple complaints. I tried to contact the person again and again directly but they have not responded to my email since they got my money and the phone number on file with gunbroker seems to be fake.

And the difference in sent and paid for is not enough under state law to constitute a felony. However under ICC and Postal Authority, it constitutes a felony. Since the criminal act crosses state lines, contact you local FBI SAIC.

Top Bottom