• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    It seems (to my untrained eye) to be all right. Once It has tumbled a few hours and I've got some time to sort it I'll know better.

I got 1k 9mm brass for $44 shipped. It seems like the cheapest I've seen.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I don't see any cracks, but there is a lot of silver primers. Only seen a couple so far that have crimped primers.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Those are CCI primers, those just pop out while resizing. The ones that are crimped I think they make a tool that uncrimps the primer pocket.

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    CCI Primers

I don't know if any new ammo is loaded with CCIs, Thats all I use when I can get them, Lee's old reloading manual warned against another brand and I took that as good advice.

I have never rec'd anything from Midway that wasn't A#1, so I am guessing that your 9mm brass will be good.

country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    Silver cases or silver primers?? Yes the nickle plated cases are reloadable. Ive never bought once fired brass but, I know when I buy reloaded rounds they will sometimes have cci primers loaded.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    the primers were silver. I didn't see any nickle plated brass. I guess I should go back and see if the brass is blazer.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Most new brass cased ammo is primed with brass colored primers. Just because it has nickel primers does not necessarily mean it was previouosly reloaded. I would check the brass against others with the same headstamp. If all of the "brand X" brass has nickel primers I would be less suspicious.
    Beware of Glock fired brass. It will be more swollen at the base and you cannot properly resize with conventional tools. To correct the Glock fired brass you will need a Case Pro or Magma Casemaster.
    If you don't know how to tell the difference, drop me a PM.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    A vibratory polisher from Lyman, RCBS, Midway or Dillon with either crushed walnut hull or corn cob media, treated with a non ammonia based chemical will clean and polish the fired brass.

I use two Lyman's. One with older media for cleaning off the majority of the grime and the second with fresh treated media for a factory new polish.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I'm currently got a tumbler. I first use crushed walnut shell, then Corn.

I got put some NuFinish and some mineral spirits. I've also used braso, but some people say it has ammonia and isn't good. Still working on how to get it done just right.

Robocop, why do you need one of those magma casemaster things for glock fired? I've loaded my glock rounds and no problems so far.

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Every round I turn out will gauge out and fit/function in any gun I choose. Glock fired brass normally chamber in a Glock but probably will not in a tight chamber. I don't like the thought of having to label ammo for a particular gun (except the precision bolt guns).

I got a sweet deal on the machine and can process 9 X 19, .357 Sig, .40 S&W, 10mm and .45 ACP.

Top Bottom