• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RHEAMOND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    jacksonvill,tx
    I know I bad mouthed the Mossins but when my brother wants to sell a gun I always see what it is so I got the Mossin Nagunt carbine made in 1945 and it in good shape payed about 85 dollers and went out and bought 3 ammo can of 300 rounds of 7.62x54r cost me 250 and now I love them
    Military Camp

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    I will warn ya, there's no such thing as owning one Mosin!

View attachment 7088

Yes, there are some SKS and AKs in that line-up starting after the first ten Mosins; but also keep in mind that it's a pretty old picture!

Mosins are a blast to shoot, I love mine!

Cheers! M2

jake75

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    Hurst, TX
    What model are the shorter Mosins, so I know what to look for? I have been wanting one for a while, just not the really long ones.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    What model are the shorter Mosins, so I know what to look for? I have been wanting one for a while, just not the really long ones.

The M38 is one of the less common ones (no bayonet), but the M44 is the most common (side-folding spike bayonet, kind of like the SKS setup). I'd like an M38...

Another option that's a little more expensive is a full size Finnish Mosin. They're much better shooters, but you're going to pay for it.

There are extremely rare carbines like the M1907, but that's a collector, not a shooter. They'll go for near three grand and I've only actually seen one in real life.

chubbyzook

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    houston
    also the m38s are said to shoot better than the m44s. the experts say the m44s were designed to be fired with the bayonett extended. this is why i chose the m38 for my accuracy build. but i have no first hand experience with this.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    The M38 and 91/30 were both sighted in with bayonets fixed. Soviet doctrine was still stuck in the 18th Century when a long arm was more a spear than anything else. That's why there are no bayonet frogs for the 91/30... The added weight at the end of the barrel (Soviets used very light barrels) made the barrel flex and point of impact changes without the bayonet on. You can readjust for shooting with them off.

RHEAMOND

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    jacksonvill,tx
    Yep I went out today to try and find one of the long barrel Mosins and I found just what I was looking for ,but I need to save some cash for this it the m44 model and it has the snipers bolt and scope mount on it though the guy was a bit pricy. O well I ll end up with it in the long run thanks guys for your support.

Top Bottom