• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    75sbr-1.jpg

So this started out with a $200 sale on spikes piston kits... They did not have a pic up and I missed it was not the railed! gas block.. I jumped on it. It showed up and not only was it not the railed gas block but it was missing pins etc.. Still a good price though as it came with the bolt carrier. So I was scratching my head.. what to do.. how to keep this unit.. make it nice, keep the weight down.. Well 7.5" is all I could muster.

I got a barrel, found a sweet deal on a like new samson fsp rail, sweet deal on a spikes upper.. and went to work.

I had to drill out the barrel for the pins which was not hard but not something you can screw up...

anywho I have not assembled it because I am debating coating the barrel and gas block in FDE.

I did take it out and shoot it like that and it cycled all the heavy hot stuff and shot fine.. however I don't want to shoot expensive ammo.. It was jamming hard on 55grn ammo. Brought it home and opened the gas block up. I will put a hbuffer on it now. Anyway.. when I get some time I will blast it and coat it. I don't want to run iron sights on it as it is a fun gun.. So I will just run the eotech on it and call it quits. Should be a fun little plinker and I built it for $500.00.. compared to the $850+ pdws.

people that know me.. know I build as cheap as possible.. waiting for a steal on a used flamming pig.. and that will be the only other option yet to be addded.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    DFW / Amarillo
    Nice Rig. I am sure that flaming pig will make it oh so quiet! ;) 7.5" will throw one hell of a fire ball. So, I am interested to hear how it works after the port has been opened and the H2 has been added. I cannot wait to see it complete and get a range report. Thanks for sharing! SBRs are too much fun.

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Thanks.I just got home from a trip but plan on putting it together soon to do some testing. I will let you know how it runs on the low powered stuff. Still looking for a cheap pig though..

Top Bottom