• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Ordered 1200 rounds of subs and 50 of 60 grain. I found the remains of 3 totally crushed plastic ammo holders 4 came out unscathed 3 partial crushed so that leave 2 missing 100 round packages and the 50 rounds of 60 grain gone. Box was clearly busted open in shipping and artfully taped back into shape loose rounds scooped back in. No paperwork or normal midway coupons in the box.

Midwayusa was very cool about it asked a couple questions then asked me estimate what was in the box. I said 1000 rounds. He said he was going to ship out 300 replacements and 10 ammo boxes not sure what he meant but what the hell. And the 60grn.

ammo2.jpg
    Texas SOT

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    I had loose 22 ammo in the last box I got from Midway too. They were OOS for that flavor so they refunded me the amount for one box.

BRD@66

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2014
    Liberty Hill
    I bought 10 boxes like that - I think from PSA. Over half of the plastic boxes were crunched. All was still in the main box ok.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    was it the shipper or was it Midways crappy packing ? there were a total of 3 green air bags in the box and all were popped. Now did the bags pop and let the ammo slam around inside and bust open the one pc of tape holding a box of 1250 rounds and a rope saw.

Did it fall off the belt in a shipping hub did the driver drop it and it busted open he scooped up what he could and re taped it.

as clean as the stuff in the box was I would assume it happened at the hub or at midway before it shipped. I am sure the box did come all the way open as midway always has packing info and coupons and none was in the box.Unless an employee went shopping in my box took the ammo he wanted and covered his tracks by busting up some and re sealing it.

With all the crap I get shipped to my house I feel lucky with the number of damaged things I have received over the years.

I think Midway understands shit happens and as long as you don't abuse <my fist claim ever with them> the system its just the cost of doing business that 2% of your shipped items will get damaged/lost.

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    I received a busted Midway box once that was missing one or two items. I was really impressed with how they handled it. I sent a photo and they took care of it no problem.

SidewaysTA

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 5, 2011
    CSTX
    I've always had good service from Midway. I haven't had an issue with packages being crushed but I have noticed they do seem to be light with the packing material. It's nice to hear they will take care of you if a problem occurs.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    I ordered 500 Mini Mags a couple years ago from Midway. The packing was pretty much non-existent. They just put the five, 100 round boxes in an over sized cardboard box and taped it closed. One of the ammo boxes was broken and another was open. Loose rounds everywhere, but they were all there.

Kind of made me mad with the prices they charge for shipping and handling. I sent them an unhappy email. I see nothing has changed.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I have bought a large amount of items from midway and I never had any issues. The only time any packages looked a little chewed up was from ammo cans or bulk ammo but even then it was double boxed. This looks like it was dropped from a distance

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    If this was double boxed the outside box was not repaired and reused. It was one flimsy 1/8" thick box.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    well there were 1063 rounds of the subsonic ammo. Not bad for my 1000 round estimate

Tracking shows replacements will be here monday.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I find most shipping/delivery problems to be the local delivery guy/gal or the area distribution center... Because the people that seem to have problems have them consistently whereas I've never had a shipping problem at either of my addresses in Amarillo or South Fort Worth.

Some people are just scumbags.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Midway packs for crap. I had a busted open 525 box with rounds everywhere. I didn't feel like counting them, so they didn't offer to replace or refund anything. I just took it as an indicator to never buy ammo from Midway.

Top Bottom