• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    RANT:

Today I ordered 2 x Fobus holsters and a shotgun soft case from Optics Planet. As always, their prices were the best...and the website slickly guided me through my purchase. There was no mention of "out of stock" or "back order" and I pressed "BUY".

An hour later I get an email stating :

"Thank you for your order. We apologize, but your order has been temporarily placed on hold because we have just run out of stock on..."

BS. Double BS. Triple BS. This is a dang ploy by OP to lure us into buying knowing that other sites list if items are in our out of stock...and by having prices $2-$5 cheaper than the competition. Now I either wait an additional 7-10 days or go elsewhere.

GOD I hate OpticsPlanet!!! This is my 3rd time...same issue...same hate...but I usually end up ordering again with them!!!! WHY!!!!
    Lynx Defense

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I experienced the same thing with camera gear at other companies. If you find a great price on a camera and order just that one item, suddenly your order is on back order or they quote a long lead time in shipment. They will not sell the advertised item to you unless you order the accessories, too. If you don't want the adders to your bill, they dust you off and suddenly the item is out of stock.

Flash

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    I have bought, estimate 25 items from Optic Planet, and I couldn't be happier. I bought one holster, that I got lazy and didn't select the proper gun at check out and got one for a SW Air Weight instead of the inteneded P228. I called them and said the web site was a bit confusing and they paid return shipping and sent me the correct holster.

The out of stock thing I can't address, but I'm having a hard time thinking they are intentionally duping people with a shell game ploy.

opbrian

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    Northbrook, IL
    Hey everyone,

I’d first like to apologize for the issues you’re having ordering from our site. We do not currently have a real time inventory management system, but we are working to bring you better estimates on shipping times, and our new system should be live soon. We do have an extensive warehouse with hundreds of thousands of products we carry, which you can see here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/opticsplanet/sets/72157626711728690/show/.
    The quickest way to verify our inventory is to contact us, and one of our customer service representatives will check our inventory system to ensure that your item ships as soon as possible.

We care a great deal about your experience with us, and as a gesture of good faith I can offer 6% off your next order with coupon code 50e8909, which is good through a week from today, so it expires on July 18, 2011. The coupon is good for any order paid through Paypal or with a credit card. Amazon Checkout is limited in its ability to accept our coupons at present. Hopefully the discount, along with free S&H on most orders over $29.95 and our already low prices will convince you that OpticsPlanet is concerned with your satisfaction first and foremost.

For any specific issues you’re having, please feel free to PM me and I will do my best to assist you with your order.

Brian
    Optics Planet
    marketing@opticsplanet.com
    http://www.opticsplanet.com

TxDad

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Central Texas
    ^Well there you have it folks. A company who cares enough to join the site and not so much defend, but explain whats going on.

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I never expected that response. Most communications justify the lousy customer service they offer. Brian, I'm pretty impressed and I'll definitely give your Email offers a closer look from now on.

In fairness, the comments I made were referring to different companies that offer camera and optics and NOT OP. I placed one order with OP and had no problems.

Flash

30+GSXR

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    I had the same issue when ordering from OpticsPlanet online, but the item was not backordered for long. It was shipped and received within a week or so.

I am very impressed that Brian stepped up here. :thumbs

double_r76

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    Cibolo
    I've been happy with my orders from OP, but I have always called to verify the stock.... glad to see they are working on real-time inventory tracking on-line.

Thanks,
    -Randy

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I've ordered from Optics Planet before and was happy with the prices and service. However, companies selling me things that they don't have in stock is a huge pet peeve. If it happens once I will never do business with a company again.

Top Bottom