• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    I wanted to share this because anyone that has worked on guns enough has come across that one gun that to re-assembly you have to hold your mouth just right, keep your left eye quenched up almost closed while tapping your right big toe before everything falls back in place.

Well last night I had my Ruger Redhawk 44 Mag apart cleaning all the works and most times after a couple of choice words all falls in place.
    This time BAM went back together like greased snot.
    I was so pleased till I pulled the trigger back and it locked up.
    Well in this position it's rather hard to disassemble.
    So being very agitated, I get up and go chill out for a bit.

Come back and laying on the back of the bench is one of the trigger mechanism springs. Can we say Oh Sh.........!!!!!

Well after thirty minutes of tinkering I have it apart and going back together.

Got everything just right and it all falls back in place and works.

Like I said just wanted to share because I'm sure there a few of you out there that have had this kind of experience.

And there are those of you out there that will get a kick out of a gun hacker working on a gun and having his head handed to him because he know just enough to be dangerous!!! LOL!!!!

Yep, I'm a hacker!
    Never had a gun I could not take apart and most times repair if needed, but by no means and I a gunsmith!!! But there are times I wish I was! ROFLMAO!!!!!
    Venture Surplus ad

robocop10mm

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 9, 2009
    Round Rock
    Ruger. I have no idea how to take a RH apart and don't want to know. Smith's are very easy. It might be that I have worked on (literally) hundreds. No, not because they need constant attention. Because issue guns get detailed everytime they are turned in and once annually. I have detailed out more Model 66's than most guns shops have ever seen, ever. I only had one I could not fix. Sent it back to S&W. They could not fix it either and sent us a brand new gun in exchange.

MadMo44Mag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    Ft.Worth
    S&W and Rossi are pretty straight forward.
    The Ruger RH has a trigger group assembly with a couple of small springs that have to be in the right place for everything to work.
    Not real hard to work on just have to get everything lined up and without a gun vise its a little tricky.
    I'm to cheap to buy a gun vise. LOL!!!!!

Top Bottom