• ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    Alright,

As some of you might be aware I've been trying to sell a Sig P938 SAS for a while.

It also has a Crimson Trace laser guard, 4 extra mags, magholder.com mag holder and three holsters.

New the pistol is $700, CT $150, mags $140, mag holder $25, holsters $100.

I'm asking $725 or a 9mm 1911. I keep getting offers of $550.

Am I totally out of line in my pricing or are people just trying to lowball me?
    Military Camp

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Meh. The same store that gave me $250 for my 15 year old Kel-Tec P11 that I paid $300 for also offered me $250 for a stainless Kimber Micro 9 with rosewood grips that was just a couple of months old. Oh well, fine. I just kept it then (bought for the wife, she didn't like it, so it's my every day pocket carry now)

EZ-E

King Turd of Shit Mountain
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2017
    Middle of no where
    i think, folks see if its been sitting for a while, they think they might be able to get a deal if your willing to do the deal. It never hurts to ask...lol

I was selling a $1700 pool table that was 5 years old & only about 50 games played on it. I was asking $1000 & had people offer me $300 then get pissed at me when i said no thanks.. Its just part of dealing with the general public.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    The SAS is a great model of the P938 and your price for the gun/gear is quite reasonable......hold firm, unless you want a quick sale and would take less....

Folks have nothing to lose and gain much if they ask for a lower price and get it.....

The right buyer will come along.....

jmho...

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    88JmWTX.png

W6zSfOK.jpg

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Just saw your add. I think a little more info and Pics would help, as would a larger audience. Second Texas Gun Trader and Gunbroker.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    I'd expect a lowball offer from a store. That's par for the course. However in a private sale?

Yes, people do expect some bartering and a good deal when it comes to private sales.

That pistol sells new for around $700, but yours is used and while you have some nice accessories for it, you're not going to make any of that money back on those items. $140 worth of magazines? Crimson Trace? $100 holsters? Nice stuff, but it adds more to the overall package sale than they do the price.

$550 isn't a fair deal, but it's a counter-offer. Treat it like an Afghan market, and remember you can always so 'no.' Unless you are in a rush to sell it, there is no rush...

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I think the camera guys are miscommunicating. It looks to me like someone wants to sell a camera and lenses for $550 and another person wants to buy just one lens for $80. It's possible they're both being completely reasonable.

As for the OP, being in the ballpark on price and actually making a sale anytime soon are two completely different goals. MMM nailed it.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    Take the CT off and sell separately. Might be better to sell the other accessories separately as well, although I think the extra mags are good deal sweeteners.

The SAS retails for around $700 but I don't think it really offers anything over the other models that retail around $550-$600. Maybe most other people feel the same?

avvidclif

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 30, 2017
    Van Zandt County
    Meh. The same store that gave me $250 for my 15 year old Kel-Tec P11 that I paid $300 for also offered me $250 for a stainless Kimber Micro 9 with rosewood grips that was just a couple of months old. Oh well, fine. I just kept it then (bought for the wife, she didn't like it, so it's my every day pocket carry now)

If you want to sell the Micro 9 let me know.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I've noticed that people ain't buying anything this time of year. Low or high price. It's stagnant. If you get offers its retardedly low. 1/4 the price you're asking.

I don't see things picking back up until around Thanksgiving or Christmas.

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    @TheDan got it. I have "some" interest - I looked at your ad, but I was hopin for a screaming deal. The CT actually costs me 'cause I'd put regular grips on. I also don't run the extended mags on my 938 (I run Micro 9 flush fits 'cause $$). So, I'm not your buyer. IMO, $550 is generous for a used pistol - if I was actually shopping $550 would pull my trigger if it was new in box.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    my personal opinion and I do not know that model of gun. In the used market items sell when priced right. If over priced they sell when the right guy comes along. If way over priced well they will rust to dust before they sell.

So price items on how fast you want to sell them.

BTW gunbroker has a used one for 425 and another for 550
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/778531137
    https://www.gunbroker.com/item/779347861

If you don't get any bites its time to drop the price some until you get an offer you can live with and if you dont well drop it back in the safe for a few months. Or until a Democrat gets back in the oval office and sell it for 2x what you can get now LOL.

Last edited:
    Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom