• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TheMailMan

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 3, 2015
    North of Kaufman
    @TheDan got it. I have "some" interest - I looked at your ad, but I was hopin for a screaming deal. The CT actually costs me 'cause I'd put regular grips on. I also don't run the extended mags on my 938 (I run Micro 9 flush fits 'cause $$). So, I'm not your buyer. IMO, $550 is generous for a used pistol - if I was actually shopping $550 would pull my trigger if it was new in box.

The Crimson Trace Laser Guard isn't a grip. It fits in front of the trigger guard.
    Military Camp

stdreb27

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    Corpus christi
    Personally. And this is just me. It’s too much.
    We’ve had a long stretch where used guns held an unreasonably high resale value and lost virtually no value from new pricing.

I think it’s mostly in part to the political winds. And those pressures have been assuaged.

Then you gotta think about your package. That 550 number is probably what someone is willing to pay for the gun. And more of a psychological deal.

If you took off the crimson trace, included the holsters and 1 spare mag. You’d probably still get an offer in that neighborhood.

There is no resale value on a 30 dollar holster.

You could probably sell the crimson trace for 60% or new price.
    Then resale those 40 dollar magazines at 50% of new cost and maybe get close to your number.

And I’ll almost never pay asking for a used item. Counter offer at what you’d be willing to take and go.

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    Between my various hobbies, I am no stranger to buying and selling used goods. I've sold a variety of used items and even a few guns. In my experience, I package up something if I want to dump it all quickly.

If I wanted to get the most money, I parted things out. It takes longer to sell everything this way but you'll get more for your money.

I rarely want to buy packages unless nearly everything is what I'm looking for or the price is so good I'm basically getting the extras for free. To me, a bunch of holsters is worthless because I'm pretty stuck on what I like and want.

As stated above, people buy used usually because they want a deal. Or they're trying to find something that is hard to get new.

Good luck on your sale! I'm sure you'll find the right buyer.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Since we’re giving opinions, here’s mine:
    It’s worth what someone is willing to give you for it, and not a penny more.

So right now, it sounds like it’s worth $550. Which means it’s worth more to you, may as well hang onto it.

Or you can think of it like comps for a house. If there aren’t any selling (or even advertised) for what you want for it, then a sale is gonna require a lower price, or you can wait and hope the market improves.

Accessories don’t sell, and your asking price is more than what a brand-new one costs...lesser variants with laser sights are only $550 new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    Alright,

As some of you might be aware I've been trying to sell a Sig P938 SAS for a while.

It also has a Crimson Trace laser guard, 4 extra mags, magholder.com mag holder and three holsters.

New the pistol is $700, CT $150, mags $140, mag holder $25, holsters $100.

I'm asking $725 or a 9mm 1911. I keep getting offers of $550.

Am I totally out of line in my pricing or are people just trying to lowball me?
    Good rule of thumb on add on's be it guns or cars and everything in between. Add on's generally are worth at best 50% of best price retail and worst they are worth nothing.

The guy buying your car or gun wants his own holster or will be glad to get yours, mags are great but I like the ones sold by NoWorkee Mags for $9.95 a dozen.

Price your gun at a fair price for that gun in that condition and use the rest as barging chips.

LowBall does work. Not something I normally do but have.

I was a soldier, thumbing a ride to a military base from the base I was on. My first ride dropped me off in Salinas Ca, from there a mile walk to I 5 (IIRC) and from there a thumb to my exit about 60 mi away. As I walk thru the town on the not so good side wishing I had a car I go past a used car lot. Its a working man's lot, cars run but needs paint small body work, tires etc. Most cars are around $500, few less.

That Sunday morn they were open and I took a wild guess, the owner needed some coin or he would not be there...I ended up driving out in a '65 Chevy II, out the door for $125 cash money incl TT&L, 5 spare tires and 12 qt of oil. I put 11,000 mi on it, sold it for $500 plus a trip to San Fran Airport. Did not advertise it all all, one of the guys I worked with while I was out there offered my $500 when it was time for me to go back to my regular duty station. He told me it was going to put on a set of new tires, rub out the faded paint, put on a wax job, clean out the interior and put on a heater hose and ask $1500 for it.

Yea it burnt oil, heater did not work, tires had less tread than chicken skin and were made MayPop, but other than that worked great and body was straight albeit the paint job had seen to much sun.

Last edited:

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I'm sorry, unabashed hijack....

I was a soldier, thumbing a ride to a military base from the base I was on. My first ride dropped me off in Salinas Ca, from there a mile walk to I 5 (IIRC) and from there a thumb to my exit about 60 mi away.

Fort Ord to Fort Hunter Liggett?

And it was US-101, I hope. :)

I love that area. I've driven through and stopped many times all throughout there.

dsgrey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2015
    Denton County
    We just recently decluttered, downsized and moved which involved selling many items. I sold a Springfield XDS and received almost the price I paid but not after a few low-ball offers. People always want something for cheap or free so don't take it personally. Some things sell fast such as my 12 yo trailer that went for 80% of the price I paid when new. Other items I gave away to family members for free after only getting low-ball offers or no interest at all.

Ole Cowboy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 23, 2013
    17 Oaks Ranch
    I'm sorry, unabashed hijack....

Fort Ord to Fort Hunter Liggett?

And it was US-101, I hope. :)

I love that area. I've driven through and stopped many times all throughout there.
    Yes and Yes.

TDY to Ft Ord to Ft HL

Pull into the old San Antonio Mission where the folks are still called Padre and wear the old burlap robes. Get to know them and at the right time of the year you can get a bag of lemons they have been growing in the courtyard (not visible to most) for about 200 years, they are SWEET!

Top Bottom