• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scott_F

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2009
    CSTX
    Got a thing for them, that's for sure. Always planning my next one. Used to be a 40 guy, but I've seen the light...

Blues%20Brothers_1.jpg

Stangfan93

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Houston/Pasadena
    1st I ever shot was a Colt 45. After that I said to myself "Self when you turn 21 your are buying us a .45" Sure enough I eventually did. It was my 2nd gun but my 1st love!

My g/f wants to take her from me because she loves it as much as I do.

Fisherman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    DFW
    Heck, I have about decided I like all calibers, though I am partially to the old standards of the 45 and 9mm.

jamesmp

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Cleburne Texas
    I love the .45 also. I carried one when I was police patrolman and a sheriff's deputy, until they issued us sig .357. I like the .45 better...

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing about the "FORTY FIVE!". I have to hear it allllllllll day long, being in the gun sales business and all. Hearing a million stories a day about how a single round in the pinky will blow a man's arm clean off, or one single round will blow a man off his feet, smack him down to the ground, and practically vaporize him. I like .45acp and all, and the only handgun I have at the moment is a .45acp, but I need a 9mm to wash the bad taste of all this nonsense out of my mouth. ;)

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Hearing a million stories a day about how a single round in the pinky will blow a man's arm clean off, or one single round will blow a man off his feet, smack him down to the ground, and practically vaporize him.

Two smoking shoes and a pink mist.

I love me some .45 ACP, just can't afford the damn stuff. It's about on the affordability scale right next to cocaine and cigar boats.

ducksps

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    Austin, Houston
    Every round has its use but a 45 just works. I like the low pressure recoil, and thin grip design Moses Browning created some odd hundred years ago. Back before hollowpoints they just started the bullet where it needed to be when it hit. Hell a 45 round hurts when thrown by hand.

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    I'm getting so sick and tired of hearing about the "FORTY FIVE!". I have to hear it allllllllll day long, being in the gun sales business and all. Hearing a million stories a day about how a single round in the pinky will blow a man's arm clean off, or one single round will blow a man off his feet, smack him down to the ground, and practically vaporize him. I like .45acp and all, and the only handgun I have at the moment is a .45acp, but I need a 9mm to wash the bad taste of all this nonsense out of my mouth. ;)

Forget the 9. Go 7.62mm.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    Jezz, it never ends does it. I too love the .45, but carry a .40 and have a 9mm nightstand. Hope I never need to employ, but I know I can shoot them both well, and have complete confidence in the weapons of choice (HK and Glock) HST's in both. I'm not under gunned.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I did suddenly get the urge to get a H&K Mk23 Socom today, or maybe just a USP45, Expert, or Elite in 45acp. Maybe it's because I just watched Collateral again, I don't know. ;)

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio
    I don't think you can go wrong with 9's and 45's. I have a G30 and a G26 for carry, and a G17 and M&P9 for range guns. Any of them will do just fine for home defense.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Haha. I've got 9mm's 40's an occassional 357, but two smoking shoes and pink mist? How can you beat that?

With a .45-70 Magnum Research BFR revolver, not only smoking shoes and smoldering chunks, but also an impact crater visible from orbit. lol j/k ;)

Top Bottom