• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    I went to Academy earlier to look at various things and purchase some ammunition. I went to get some M-Pro 7 oil and noticed a product specifically for stainless steel parts. I decided to pick some of it up and try it out.

The product is RIG +P Stainless Steel Lube. It comes in a stubby 2 oz container with a screw on lid. It's white with a copper-colored label. I cannot find a picture of it on the internet, or else I would post one.

I have a bare stainless Springfield 1911 that I have trouble finding a decent oil for, everything seems to just come out the back of the slide grooves. This stuff is like rifle grease though, and seems to stick around. I've racked the slide dozens of times, which would normally leave oil on my dominant hand, but not with this stuff. The slide also glides quite smoothly on it, it feels great.

The container costs a little less than $3, I would have an exact price, but after going over my reciept, it doesn't seem like the cashier scanned it before she put it in the bag. :confused:

As soon as I have time to get to the range, I will see how it works under use.
    Gun Zone Deals

Floyd_Droid

BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2008
    Shady Shores, TX
    Here ya go:

It's $2.69 at Midwayusa.com
    http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=254771

254771.jpg

Porter

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2008
    Houston
    Works like a champ on my Sig Revolution. Put nearly 1K rounds through it using that to lubricate the slide, and have had 0 problems.

phatcyclist

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Works like a champ on my Sig Revolution. Put nearly 1K rounds through it using that to lubricate the slide, and have had 0 problems.

Awesome, I'm glad someone has some positive experience with it. It looks like I wouldn't be able to get out to the range for a proper review for weeks.

Code3GT

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2008
    Austin
    hmmm, sounds interesting. guess i'll have to pick some up for my 1911. i need to get to the range too...been too long!

TxSgt1911

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    I tried it but haven't been too impressed with it. It breaks down under heat and basically ends up no different than gun oil.

Top Bottom