• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    A young man who just separated from the Marine Corps came into the gun shop with an AR-15 rifle equipped with a "Bullet Button"! He was stationed in Commiefornia and had to have that idiot feature on his rifle. He's back in Texas to stay and wants the Bullet Button (BB) to buzz off.

I never saw a BB before. It replaces the magazine release button and requires a small spanner type wrench to remove. The tool is about $7 and seems pretty easy to find.

The idea of a BB is to remove the thumb/finger button of the magazine release to require removal of the magazine by pushing it with the point of a cartridge. The young Marine told me that even the configuration of that BB rifle is now illegal in Commiefornia! Geeze, I wonder what they replaced it with? How in the Liberal mind will that make us safer?

It was fun to see the idiotic gizmo but it also gave a chilling insight into what Libtards have in store for us!

Flash

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    My first thought when I see something like that is "those poor saps, I'm glad I'm in Texas" but you're right. If we don't stay on top of it we could be there too.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    IIRC, the magazine can no longer be removed and the rifle has to be "broke over" to load.

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Their "intent" is to make legal firearms ownership as expensive, complicated, and dangerous as possible. If they can't price you out of the game they will put so many restrictions in place that almost anyone will inadvertently break a law regardless of effort to remain legal.

They'll go until a court slaps them down then go back and come at it from a different angle with the same intent.

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    The original Bullet Button was just a mag lock as described in OP. I had many and after moving to TX was actually able to sell them on CalGuns for a couple bucks.

I don't know exactly what the new one entails, as @Younggun mentioned, an AR actually has to be, by definition, disassembled.

The inventor of the original Bullet Button is a guy named Darin aka Prince50. Super cool and knowledgeable guy with a gun shop in my old neighborhood. Unfortunately every time I went there he had an employee or 2 that always made me feel like I was at a Dicks or Gander Mountain...

I believe he designed a new one with a loop/split ring on the rear takedown, and some sort of lever/button inside that drops the mag.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

orbitup

Sticker Cop
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Waxyscratchy
    Those featureless ARs they have for NY (I think) make me sick to my stomach.

439bba70faf5fcf07bca92d7e3cc3e48.jpg
    17a34a18d1a80b9e4a39c3e9070775a2.jpg

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Although tragic for gun owners in Cali, it will be interesting to see what new laws they have set by July of 2018. The way it's going there I half expect them to ban rocks as being assault weapons.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Featureless AR's are also a CA thing...

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but this is what CA citizens have to deal with when it comes to long guns.

It's why I didn't even bother with them until I escaped to Texas earlier this year.

https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Yeah, when I first saw that chart my reaction, other than thanking God I didn't live in California, was "why bother".

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    Those featureless ARs they have for NY (I think) make me sick to my stomach.

439bba70faf5fcf07bca92d7e3cc3e48.jpg
    17a34a18d1a80b9e4a39c3e9070775a2.jpg
    Featureless AR's are also a CA thing...

I know this has been posted elsewhere, but this is what CA citizens have to deal with when it comes to long guns.

It's why I didn't even bother with them until I escaped to Texas earlier this year.

https://www.calguns.net/caawid/flowchart.pdf

our very own @ExileMachine is a huge source of "compliant" parts for nanny states.

I had ordered from him a few times in CA, then had the pleasure of meeting him a few months ago for a FTF.

Haven't seen him post in awhile, he may have moved to ID already.

Sent from my SIG Sauer

rman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 7, 2015
    Ft. Worth
    I thought the bullet button made it full auto. That's what the "experts" said after the San Bernardino shooting.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
    only if you're using a 30 caliber clip magazine, capable of dispersing 30 bullets in a 1/2 second

Sent from my SIG Sauer

dennisz

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    Pipe Creek, TX (Hill Country)
    1st thing I did when I got to Texas was to remove the BB's from all my AR's, sold them to a poor soul still stuck in that state. Those BB's are really dangerous, they make the rifle shoot 30 round clips in under 1 second (thank you Kevin De Leon).

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Not long ago, you could have a "featureless" rifle in CA that had a detachable mag...bullet button was for rifles with scary features like pistol grips and flash hiders.

I almost bit the bullet (no pun intended) and built one.

Then the laws just got zany and confusing. So I stuck with handguns and a lone 870 shotty...

Happy to be from Dallas these days

ROGER4314

Been Called "Flash" Since I Was A Kid!
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 11, 2009
    East Houston
    I looked at the Commiefornia rifle chart and simply couldn't believe it! Do those people know that their rights are being trampled? Why do they put up with it?

I was born and raised in Chicago, everyone I knew and my family lived there. Illinois issued the infamous "Foid" card to pursue my firearms interest.

After putting a US map on the kitchen table, closed my eyes and put a finger down on Tulsa, Oklahoma. I loaded up everything and moved to Tulsa. That was the first stop of many until I found HOME in Texas!

Any sane person would drop California like a hot rock!

Flash

Top Bottom