• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pmac51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2015
    Humble, TX
    Am the same as you OP.

Every time I walk out of one I swear I will never go again. For the 237th time. LMAO.

I never buy anything either.

I find they're okay for getting rid of things you no longer want especially if you're not charging anywhere near retail. I'd have to agree most times they are a let down these days, more like a swap meet.

Dave68

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2014
    NW Houston
    I go if I am looking for something specific or want to hold and look over a pistol that i cant find in a local shop. Gotta ignore the craziness though.

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Last one I went to was in lewisville, Tx. and the first thing I saw was a line stretching around the building for 3/4 of a mile and then on the sidewalk out front was a huge poster of Obama with a hitler moustache (I'm no liberal but that was beyond offensive) If you dislike our president, that's fine, it's your right as an American citizen, but to publicly characterize him like that is just classless. then inside it was too damn hot, and nut-to-butt with people, so crowded you go barely move at all.
    Some vendor started screaming at a customer b/c the customer had some sort of 'liberal' t-shirt on. This vendor was so scary-crazy I thought he might pull a weapon and start shooting. . . .

Too many crazies. . . .too many people jammed up and jelly tight in one space, no AC, and vendors who act as if they are insulted if you don't put up with their particular brand of BS. . . .

no more gun shows for me. I'd sooner pay more for my equipment at a LGS, and there are plenty of those in the DFW area.

Liberals lol

Anger

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 7, 2010
    Washington MI (glorious in summer)
    but to publicly characterize him like that is just classless
    your opinion

Too many crazies
    ever walked thru a walmart parking lot ?

then inside it was too damn hot
    you're describing my office 90% of the item during a weather change

Some vendor started screaming at a customer b/c the customer had some sort of 'liberal' t-shirt on. This vendor was so scary-crazy I thought he might pull a weapon and start shooting. .
    right because the FBI chime statistics have a liberal theme tee shirt at a gun show as the #1 reason people pull out guns at gun shows and start blasting people

Pmac51

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2015
    Humble, TX
    The local gun shop I go to has 90-95% of their inventory in gun show stock. Sometimes at better prices too.

Agreed and the good shops you can ask if they can price match, sometimes they'll beat the stuff I order online with tax. (Total-ship/fee/price)

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    San Antonio!
    The only LGS around my parts sells at OVER MSRP. So buying there is pretty much a no-go. They're the only one remotely close by that has any store stock to speak of. So if I'm looking for a new piece, it's the gun shows or buying off the web sight unseen. But I also look at a show as being a fairly cheap bit of entertainment. I get to look at a bunch of cool stuff I can't afford. But it gets me out of the house for a bit.

Spot on. I haven't been to one in a couple of months but that has to do more with traveling than desire. The last one I went to I stumbled across some wooden Hungarian pistol grips for my AMD-65. That is my experience, sometimes I find some cool item that I have been wanting (or didn't know I wanted) which is why I keep going back. On the times I don't go, at least I just spent a couple of hours looking at and handling some sweet firearms. It is entertainment, and what makes it even better is when it is done in the company of like-minded friends.

Those who don't go really don't know what they are missing, or aren't hanging out with the right folks! :D

Cheers! M2

Ryououki

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Katy, TX
    I keep going to gun shows thinking I'll find something and I am always disappointed with lack of inventory and pricing. Always a waste of money, yet, I seem to keep going back.

Rebel

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 20, 2014
    So... anyone going to the gun show in Pasadena? I'll be there Saturday, hopefully by 10:00am.

Last time I went to the show in Conroe, there was a particular piece I had an eye on, but I didn't have the moneys at the time. Now I do, and I know this same dealer goes to the Pasadena show. Hopefully it's still there!

diesel1959

por vida
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2013
    Houston & BFE
    I don't very often attend the gun shows, but when I do, it's to find that rare magazine or spare part that I'm looking for that is often unobtanium elsewhere. The folks that have hundreds and hundreds of magazines of all types often have just that one or two your pet gun needs. I've made a couple swaps at gun shows (some 15-20 years ago), but I never try that anymore and leave my own weapons at home. There's no doubt that the shows fill a niche.

Top Bottom