• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OLDVET

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Richardson, Texas
    If you are not familiar with the workings of a 1911, I highly recommend you find a qualified gunsmith.
    Since the pistol is in "pieces", he will be able to rebuild the pistol and check that everything is how it is supposed to be as he does it. It would be well worth your money and fingers to make sure everything is as it is supposed to be before you pull the trigger.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    If you are not familiar with the workings of a 1911, I highly recommend you find a qualified gunsmith.
    Since the pistol is in "pieces", he will be able to rebuild the pistol and check that everything is how it is supposed to be as he does it. It would be well worth your money and fingers to make sure everything is as it is supposed to be before you pull the trigger.

And if he were in the DFW area, I know the guys at Eagle Gun Range in Farmers Branch charge a very reasonable amount to put a completely disassembled 1911 back together.

DubiousDan

Trump 2024
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    San Antonio
    Now that it's fixed where are the pics?
    The thing is chrome/nickle plated (I don't know which) and the plating makes some of the markings difficult to see and photograph. I've been told that the best way to do it is in natural light in the shade. When I got home it was overcast and near sundown.

I'll wait for a sunny day and get my daughter to take the picks. Her phone has a better camera and she has a steadier hand.

Top Bottom