Guns International

I know ..... but Fanny Packs............

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lunga Bunga

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Hi All ~
    Does anyone know of or use one to carry ? I need something to carry while walking my Doberman. It's so hot now I don't wear Jeans and can't use the Don Hume Holster I usually carry with. I carry Glocks, usually a G30 ..... 45. Any one have any suggestions on what brand to search for or if one type is better than another ?
    Thanks ~
    Tony.

Moe Howard

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    I have a nylon sissy pack I use very rarely. In fact while at a fair last weekend I carried it with other stuff in it but carried my M&P on the hip. I can't remember to save my life the brand but it has three compartments the largest having a nylon holster with velcro straps and has an extra strap on the back to wrap around your belt for center support. It works really well, I just don't need it often since I wear denim shorts that match my jeans so my belt loops are always in the same place. Just make sure whichever one you get has a built in holster and the support strap on the back of the pouch, makes a big difference, don't just get a regular fanny pack. The DeSantis Gunny Sack is one of the better ones and the one I have is very similar but as I remember it cost much less.

glock9

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    FAG Bags

The correct nomenclature the FBI uses for a fanny pack is a "Fast Action Gun Bag" or as the guys in the field cail it a FAG BAG :)

Glock9

bikerbill

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 1, 2008
    Lago Vista
    what about a smaller gun? I carry a Kahr PM9 or Taurus 617 normally, but when I take my dog for a walk, I just slip my Taurus PT25 in a pocket and I'm good to go ... unless you live in Hell's Kitchen, should be all you need to ward off marauding snakes, skunks, etc. weighs nothing, cheap, 10 rds of .25 jhp ...

CarbonCycles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Personally, when I spot a fanny pack, I immediately think the guy is carrying especially in a social setting. However, for walking a dog, maybe pick up one of the outdoor hiking fanny packs so it's less conspicuous?

idleprocess

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 29, 2008
    DFW.com
    Personally, when I spot a fanny pack, I immediately think the guy is carrying especially in a social setting. However, for walking a dog, maybe pick up one of the outdoor hiking fanny packs so it's less conspicuous?

Fanny packs are so much less popular than 10-15 years ago when they were relatively new, so I'm immediately suspicious when I spot one. Then again, I know what the squared-off, darker colored ones that happen to be somewhat larger than footprint of, say, a full-size 1911 will tend to contain...

Top Bottom