• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • onac255

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    El Paso, TX
    Are you sure about that? As far as I knew school property was a no no.

I was just curious as far as a school "zone" was concerned.

txinvestigator

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Ft Worth, TX
    oops, double tap...

Here is the law;

Texas Penal Code
    Sec. 46.03. PLACES WEAPONS PROHIBITED. (a) A person commits an offense if the person intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly possesses or goes with a firearm, illegal knife, club, or prohibited weapon listed in Section 46.05(a):
    (1) on the physical premises of a school or educational institution, any grounds or building on which an activity sponsored by a school or educational institution is being conducted, or a passenger transportation vehicle of a school or educational institution, whether the school or educational institution is public or private, unless pursuant to written regulations or written authorization of the institution;

(c) In this section:
    (1) "Premises" has the meaning assigned by Section 46.035.

Sec. 46.035.

(3) "Premises" means a building or a portion of a building. The term does not include any public or private driveway, street, sidewalk or walkway, parking lot, parking garage, or other parking area.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    I often wonder how long people have lived in Texas when questions come up like this. No offense meant, but it's bewildering sometimes.

I say that in part also, because with so many people flooding Texas over the last several years, and most/many don't bother learning about the state they are invading, people get really freaked out, especially involving guns, because of the places they come from. In some cases, it can cause undue "issues".

I can't imagine what would happen if someone drove around my area with a long gun in a gun rack in the back window. There'd be yankee accents that people thought they'd lost, screaming at 911 operators who are trying to calm them down enough to understand what they hell they are saying.

JKTex

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2008
    DFW, North Texas
    right, "on premises" and i had said property is what i was referring to...

just trying to clarify is all.

Gotcha. Reread the 1st one and I see what you mean.

Another random thought also.... I realized that we've come to think backwards from what I remember even in my lifetime. Especially about guns of any kind. We first think "what can I do" vs, "what can't I do".

We've got so many laws, that vary from one county, city, town to another, that we can't use common sense and in a jam think about what we aren't allowed to do. We jump right to "what is it that I am allowed to do" because it's easier to filter that way.

That's backwards.....and that sucks. This goes to something Old Man Of The Mountain said once, (yes, I agreed with him this time ) something along the lines of, it's sicking to see and realize how the world has changed, just in my lifetime. :( When mine started, JFK was President.

Texas42

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2008
    Texas
    I say that in part also, because with so many people flooding Texas over the last several years, and most/many don't bother learning about the state they are invading, people get really freaked out, especially involving guns, because of the places they come from. In some cases, it can cause undue "issues".

I just like the use of the term invading.

SIG_Fiend

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Sometimes I think TXInvestigator is a state of the art high tech automated supercomputer that has been pre-programmed with all Texas state firearms laws and some federal laws (can you say Skynet), and responds on a moment's notice whenever a Texas firearms laws question is posted on the internet. It's a good thing he's on our side, well that is until he becomes self aware and bent on destroying the universe. lol j/k

Texas Solo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2008
    San Antonio

Thanks for qualifying that comment with "most/many". I was stuck in a left wing liberal state (md) until I could retire. Been visiting Texas for many years to see family. As soon as I could, I moved here. As a gun owning, heterosexual white male conservative Christian, I'm DAMN glad, and grateful, to be here!

cuate

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Comanche Co., Texas
    And what is sick, fifteen years ago our local school parking lot had a bunch of pickups with shotguns and rifles hanging in the rear windows belonging to High School kids, Teachers, and perhaps Visitors.

Now the nazi law and idiocy prevail, somebody will call the cops on you in a sec. Hell, kids hunt, too.....

DCortez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Houston, Cy-Fair
    And what is sick, fifteen years ago our local school parking lot had a bunch of pickups with shotguns and rifles hanging in the rear windows belonging to High School kids, Teachers, and perhaps Visitors.

Now the nazi law and idiocy prevail, somebody will call the cops on you in a sec. Hell, kids hunt, too.....

Years ago corporal punishment in school was acceptable and convenient (who wanted their parents getting a call?) for all. Now, kids are either medicated or ticketed under the name of zero tolerance.

Back to point, I can't remember the last time I saw a gun rack in a truck. I'll keep an eye out.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    txinvestigator wasn't it Cooper is the one who said "speed is fine but acuracy is final" and I had a gun rack in ever truck I've ever owned and as soon as I find a way I'm going to put one in my pathfinder

Top Bottom