I like to drink a lot...of water. TX dry climate and heat, what's your water plan?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I really consider obtaining, cleaning and resupplying water to be enemy number one in any kind of long term emergency survival situation here in TX.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
    TGT Supporter
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Funny you mentioning this. Just came across this cool vid series, and it's from a guy in San Antonio:

Rainwater Collection System Series - YouTube

Minus the cost of materials, can't beat FREE water! ;)

Also, seems like the most important aspect always boils down to filtering and purification. Any recommendations there? Lately, I've been thinking about getting a Berkey water filter for the kitchen. I looked around at tons of other options, from whole house filtration systems, to portable/semi-portable types like Berkey's, but there are too many options to choose from.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2013
    mckinney
    i read on some of the prepper sites that you can store water in gallon jugs for up to a year with just a few drops of bleach in each container

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 16, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I've just got my water filters from my hiking daze. A lot of work to get a liter of water and it just removes most parasites in the water, not chemicals (which is why I ask about about how to clean the pool water).

I suppose the first question I should ask is how much I can realistically keep on hand, how to store it and how long it will last.

Top Bottom