I like to drink a lot...of water. TX dry climate and heat, what's your water plan?

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
I really consider obtaining, cleaning and resupplying water to be enemy number one in any kind of long term emergency survival situation here in TX.

SIG_Fiend

Administrator
TGT Supporter
Admin
Feb 21, 2008
Austin, TX
Funny you mentioning this. Just came across this cool vid series, and it's from a guy in San Antonio:

Rainwater Collection System Series - YouTube

Minus the cost of materials, can't beat FREE water! ;)

Also, seems like the most important aspect always boils down to filtering and purification. Any recommendations there? Lately, I've been thinking about getting a Berkey water filter for the kitchen. I looked around at tons of other options, from whole house filtration systems, to portable/semi-portable types like Berkey's, but there are too many options to choose from.

txbikerman

TGT Addict
Jul 10, 2013
mckinney
i read on some of the prepper sites that you can store water in gallon jugs for up to a year with just a few drops of bleach in each container

breakingcontact

TGT Addict
Oct 16, 2012
Indianapolis
I've just got my water filters from my hiking daze. A lot of work to get a liter of water and it just removes most parasites in the water, not chemicals (which is why I ask about about how to clean the pool water).

I suppose the first question I should ask is how much I can realistically keep on hand, how to store it and how long it will last.

Top Bottom