Military Camp

I lost $950 on a SCAMMER on Texas Gun Trader!!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    I have been looking for a Dan Wesson ECO for a long time. I found on one Texas Gun Broker last Sunday evening. The guy was in Mission, Texas and had me wire him the money to an address in Mission. Well, He NEVER shipped the ECO and I do not be leave that he ever owned one. I think he copied some pictures off the internet to use in his ad. There are a lot of SCAMS on Texas Gun Trader and they will do nothing about it, BE CAREFUL!!!
    Texas SOT

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    Dude - with all the comments on this and other boards about not only them, but others using that MO, I am amazed that you fell for that crap. Not unsympathetic, but dang, dude - you HAVE to be circumspect in dealin' with folks! NEVER wire money - EVER!!!

Shorts

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Texas
    Dude - with all the comments on this and other boards about not only them, but others using that MO, I am amazed that you fell for that crap. Not unsympathetic, but dang, dude - you HAVE to be circumspect in dealin' with folks! NEVER wire money - EVER!!!

My reaction too.

OP, sorry man.

navyguy

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2008
    DFW Keller
    That sucks. Have you made a police report? If not do so as this probably fits as a felony and since you wired the money, it should be traceable. Also if you are an NRA member, perhaps their insurance will cover some of that.

I would never send money of any kind, even a USPS Money Order to anyone I don't know personally, or have impeccable credentials on.

As a side comment. I've always wondered why it's always "you send the money, then I'll send the gun" Both sides of the deal have something of equal value they are exchanging, and actually the money side is the most liquid. So, why not "send me the gun, and I'll send you the money" especially if it is going through an FFL.

just jk

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    dee eff dub
    am i the only one that thinks 950 is pretty low for a Dan Wesson? that would have been my first red flag

maybe i'm wrong on that part - but yeah - if i cant do face to face - i'm sending my money to a FFL - or at least asking the guy if he'll do it soley thru an FFL......i had a guy balk at that on TGT - got all crazy that i would ask him to do such a thing

didnt feel bad walking away from that deal at all.......i've done several deals successfully - without a face to face - it can be done but you really have to take precautions

and yes - file a police report - both in your home town - and in the city where you sent the money

also notify the US Postal Inspectors

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    I have been looking for a Dan Wesson ECO for a long time. I found on one Texas Gun Broker last Sunday evening. The guy was in Mission, Texas and had me wire him the money to an address in Mission. Well, He NEVER shipped the ECO and I do not be leave that he ever owned one. I think he copied some pictures off the internet to use in his ad. There are a lot of SCAMS on Texas Gun Trader and they will do nothing about it, BE CAREFUL!!!

Must be the same person off a date site. That contacted me, gave me a sob story....the asked for $100. "Wired of course". I played mind games on whoever it was for two weeks. Scams are everywhere. CYA always.

When you here the word "Western Union" in love or guns. RUN. Don't think, don't blink. RUN

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    I have yet to have a TGT transaction make. I played around with a thief listing a gently used (quoted mags through in the single digits) Tavor at $200 under retail for two days while I continued my hunt through sources that track seller history via a feedback system.

This guy wanted me to send a money order to protect him from my non-paying reputation (sarcasm).

I think everyone considering business with strangers should take a look at Pistol Pay (http://pistolpay.com). I offered to fund the transaction including his fees through Pistol Pay. He declined stating he only accepts MOs. I watched the development of PistolPay on another forum and participated as a system tester. I'm not affiliated, but I do endorse the service for buyers and for sellers. A reputable seller should not take issue with the terms. Basically, a transaction is funded by the buyer. Once the firearm arrives at the buyers FFL, and the buyer accepts the firearm, the funds are released to the seller's account. It confirms to sellers that the funds are real and available, while protecting buyers from misrepresented or non existent firearms.

It is my goto for deals that are too good to be true. And, to date I have not had a scam seller proceed beyond my offer to fund a transaction.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2012
    HK
    Date site?

Lmao, yeah POF. Some girl out of kerrville, calls me up, sob story and all. I played the game. Lmao, asked whoever it was, if they'd just marry me on the spot. This chick said yes. RED FLAG. After days of lovey dovely bs. The scam comes to light.

ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    HELP!!! I think the SAME guy has listed a Dan Wesson ECO 45 on Texas Gun Trader from Plainview using the same MO. Who would you contact to have this investigated? I called the San Antonio Police Department, but with NO help at all in this matter. HELP would be appreciated. Thanks, Robert

Dred

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    Houston, TX
    Robert,

I'm confused about wiring the money to an address. All wire transfers I've done have gone to routing and account numbers. If you wired to a bank, your bank's investigative team may help.

If instead you transfered money by Western Union or Amex or Moneygram - these companies also have investigative teams.

Why do you expect it's the same guy?

ap1169

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    San Antonio
    The seller in Plainview, TX IS the same guy. I emailed him and he responded with the same email information the Mission, TX guy did. I wired the money to this person. The wire went through and my bank USAA FSB said it was a Police issue and the Police would not do anything to help me.
    My account details below, be sure to email me the payment receipt as I will include a copy in the shipment and keep one for record purpose
    Bank Name---Bank Of America
    Account No.--223014872632
    Account Name --Verna C. Ronaldson
    Routing No.---026009593.
    My Address --110 N Keralum Ave Mission, TX 78572

I will be shipping via UPS and email you the tracking details for easy follow up.

Orbie

Born Texan
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    San Antonio
    the seller in plainview, tx is the same guy. I emailed him and he responded with the same email information the mission, tx guy did. I wired the money to this person. The wire went through and my bank usaa fsb said it was a police issue and the police would not do anything to help me.
    my account details below, be sure to email me the payment receipt as i will include a copy in the shipment and keep one for record purpose
    bank name---bank of america
    account no.--223014872632
    account name --verna c. Ronaldson
    routing no.---026009593.
    my address --110 n keralum ave mission, tx 78572

i will be shipping via ups and email you the tracking details for easy follow up.

nvm

Top Bottom