• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    People can be false and you never realize it until something triggers it. With me it was working for a predominantly black police force in a predominantly black city and I arrested teens for trespassing, along with other crimes. The officer I had with me refused to transport 2 for my arrest so I had to call other officers out. Two supervisors came out along with several other officers. I made a good arrest but got thrown in the fire by my department even though leadership supported me. I had a few friends, but most of them were clearly seeing nothing but race.
    I literally would have died for those people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    People can be false and you never realize it until something triggers it. With me it was working for a predominantly black police force in a predominantly black city and I arrested teens for trespassing, along with other crimes. The officer I had with me refused to transport 2 for my arrest so I had to call other officers out. Two supervisors came out along with several other officers. I made a good arrest but got thrown in the fire by my department even though leadership supported me. I had a few friends, but most of them were clearly seeing nothing but race.
    I literally would have died for those people.

I have so many questions.

Where was this?
    What were the other charges?
    Why would they not transport?
    Why wouldnt you transport your own prisoners?
    How did your department leadership support if the department threw you under the bus?
    What did they have a problem with in particular with the arrests/methods?

Sent from your mom's house using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Enochwel

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2015
    I have so many questions.

Where was this?
    What were the other charges?
    Why would they not transport?
    Why wouldnt you transport your own prisoners?
    How did your department leadership support if the department threw you under the bus?
    What did they have a problem with in particular with the arrests/methods?

Mississippi
    Too many for my car.
    We’re understaffed by a LOT
    Trespassing
    Secondary charge was secondary
    The auxiliary officer felt I should have just let them slide.
    I honestly don’t believe these problems exist in Texas. I may be wrong. But the way things are going they probably will.

Your future:
    look at some of the crap cities in Mississippi that tend to make it somewhere in national news. Look at how many shootings they have once summer arrives, and look at the literal handful of cops that work a shift to deal with it. The things I hear about this job in general are not the way it is here, but this is the future if everyone, including police, keeps crapping on police.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    Current climate seems to try to create division at every opportunity. And making crazy stuff acceptable.

It seems the current people addressing race issues forgot MLK, Jr's approach. Maybe they should get reintroduced to it. It got a way of life that existed for 200+ years changed.
    With things like CRT and so called cultural appropriation, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that MLK was showing his whiteness in that speech.

Although I was quite young at the time, I can still remember watching him make that speech on TV. That, and the shooting of JFK stuck with me from that time, but not much else.

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Sometimes, you have to get to know people at a personal level, and get past pre-conceived stereotypes, and other limitations we have in our own minds. Walk through life with an open mind, and get to know a person for who they are.

Open your minds, and your hearts. Learn to love one another. Accept that we are all human, make mistakes and are prone to being less than perfect.

cycleguy2300

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Mississippi
    Too many for my car.
    We’re understaffed by a LOT
    Trespassing
    Secondary charge was secondary
    The auxiliary officer felt I should have just let them slide.
    I honestly don’t believe these problems exist in Texas. I may be wrong. But the way things are going they probably will.

Your future:
    look at some of the crap cities in Mississippi that tend to make it somewhere in national news. Look at how many shootings they have once summer arrives, and look at the literal handful of cops that work a shift to deal with it. The things I hear about this job in general are not the way it is here, but this is the future if everyone, including police, keeps crapping on police.

Sometimes you have to listen to your partners (especially when youre a rookie) and pick your battles. There were calls holding when you graduated the academy and there will be calls holding if you retire. You need to trust your brothers and sisters when they tell you the juice isn't worth the squeeze. Write it up and go to the next one. Being your brother's keeper is more than running towards gun fire.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    I have kind of been out of the loop this weekend.
    I have met Sterling. Shared a table and food with him. And my guns. And I have no qualms about doing so again. Even if he does have a better tan than me.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Nosferatu has a better tan than you.:roflfunny:
    Seriously though, how’s the bubble killer?

kyletxria1911a1

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 22, 2010
    kyletx
    I have kind of been out of the loop this weekend.
    I have met Sterling. Shared a table and food with him. And my guns. And I have no qualms about doing so again. Even if he does have a better tan than me.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Sir I can help with that for 5 easy payments of 39.95 you to can be a brother.
    Just go to my website African black. Com and we will get you on your way.

Katydid1984

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 30, 2021
    Hunt County
    Was drinking with a no longer friend, we just killed a 5th of jack. And he says to me dog let me ask you a question. Bwhaaaaaaa and that is how the fight started. He asked me why I was wearing a rebel shirt.
    I told him my daughter went to hays high. And that used to be thier mascot. He' says that I'm a race traitor.
    I look at him like he lost the best part of his mind. I ask him why. He says because of the flag. I tried to school him about history. But he wasn't haven't it. I asked if I was a traitor if I married outside my race?

He said yes .. bout this time I'm getting warm. So yadda yadda yadda I finally got tired and asked him if he served. He said no. I said that I did so a mf like you can ask me bullshit questions about what I represent.
    I told him there are white people and asain and hispanic people that I'd fight with and die for long before I'd take your side.
    I'm so tired of all this bullshit about racism. I don't experience any of that. Except for the white women. Lol
    Just putting this out here is anyone else wore out over stupid ass people falling for the banana in the tailpipe.
    Rant over
    I like you!! So many people want to erase history and focus to much on color; I've always been taught it is never the color of someone's skin but who they are as a person. I really feel like the dumbass news and people who own the news companies are spreading the hate and benefit from dividing the races.

FireInTheWire

Caprock Crusader
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A free thinking human is the most dangerous human. That's why the system takes our kids when they are 5... or sooner.

A human that can stand back with their mouth shut and eyes, ears and senses wide open is valuable in this climate.

Most folks just spit up the talking points. Rarely does anyone dive deep into the heart of truth.

Sounds like you wasted some good 5th.

But, people change. Maybe your words will active his common sense.... Forgive and forget.

Top Bottom