Patriot Mobile

I love music. I love iPhone Spotify but their Mac app sucks.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Anybody else?

Streaming music, for me, is an all time best use of computers (After numerous discussion boards, of course).

Spotify has an enormous share of the market.
    They get their money, sucked off my AMEX, 12 times a year.

Their iPhone app is flawless in my truck.

I sit a lot at my iMac in the evenings.
    Their app for Apple, streaming to my Sonos system is buggy....freezing and taking 30 seconds to respond.

WTF?

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    Sounds like you’re not getting your money’s worth.

Me; I’m app agnostic. Give me the best experience free. Kind of like how radio is.

For my Sonos, I’ve got Amazon prime, Tune In, Pandora, and Spotify.

Spotify is the only one that reliably holds music hostage for dollars.

Bvhawk

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had Sirius Xm in the car but cancelled it and started paying for pandora premium. I really couldn’t believe the sound difference between the free and the paid plus the added bonus of no commercials. When you pay up the music doesn’t have the same compression rates so it sounds more like cd quality.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    I just canceled my paid Pandora subscription because it kept playing the same stuff over and over and over again. It even tried to play the same exact song multiple times in a row on several occasions. So I installed and activated a SiriusXM receiver in my car and so far I've heard songs I haven't heard in ages.
    Of course yesterday SiriusXM announced they're gonna buy Pandora for $3.5bn, for reasons I can not figure out.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    So-called smart phones are not conducive to good emotional/mental health and situational awareness.

Were I offered a free, subscription paid, most up to date one of these gizmos, I'd pass.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    So-called smart phones are not conducive to good emotional/mental health and situational awareness.

Were I offered a free, subscription paid, most up to date one of these gizmos, I'd pass.

I’ll gladly disagree; it’s just a tool. User behavior is what drives the outcomes you refer too.

For example, my phone has the 30.06 app on it. That app notifies me if I’m within 100ft of a posted business, increasing my SA.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    Pardon me while I text and crash while driving, (and this type event almost killed me while I was out cycling) kill you and your children or walk into a mall pool or ignore my family or...turn into some sort of geek-ed out non-human, but phone smart-ers enjoy a lot of rationalizing doing their smart phone thing because it feels great when non-stop phone diddling...

Yeah, I can quit anytime, honest...

No, so-called smart phones...aren't.

Stop.

Get back into life.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I can't listen to XM, the sound quality is absolutely horrendous.

I totally agree.
    T'was a time when I thought XM/Sirius was a killer app....so to speak.
    Now it sounds so compressed that it's painful to listen to.

I'm still annoyed with the Spotify app.
    Using iTunes streaming at the moment.

Presently listening to John Hiatt (one of my favorite bluesy folk singers) quite loud through my iMac streaming to the Sonos! "The Same Thing" harmonica is just sublime.

And after deleting and reinstalling the Spotify app it's still wonky buggy slow.

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I like music better than I like turtles but I don't even have a smart phone.

What is you music source.??

If you really like music there IMHO is no better application than the infinite streaming music from a smart phone.
    I just left John Hiatt and switched to Bela Fleck. Banjo extraordinaire! Check out "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" to challenge a sub-woofer. Banjo tunes typically need no sub-woofer but trust me......

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I listen to FM radio.
    When I can't get signal, road noise beats a lousy station.

Kar98

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2016
    DFW
    Not trying to pick an argument, but do you really think Sirius XM sounds bad? Compared to what? I mean I only listen in the car, where I have eight speakers and an amp, but also some road noise. But to me it sounds better than time compressed FM radio, as good as CD and better than streaming Pandora or Google Music through the phone.
    I had the Symphony channel on for a nice cross country drive this weekend and it was perfection. Bass and treble and depth and all that good stuff, sounded fantastic to me.

Brains

One of the idiots
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 9, 2013
    Spring
    Check out "Flight of the Cosmic Hippo" to challenge a sub-woofer. Banjo tunes typically need no sub-woofer but trust me......
    Hmmm.... this is, in a word, interesting..

Not trying to pick an argument, but do you really think Sirius XM sounds bad? Compared to what? I mean I only listen in the car, where I have eight speakers and an amp, but also some road noise. But to me it sounds better than time compressed FM radio, as good as CD and better than streaming Pandora or Google Music through the phone.
    I had the Symphony channel on for a nice cross country drive this weekend and it was perfection. Bass and treble and depth and all that good stuff, sounded fantastic to me.
    No, Sirius/XM doesn't sound bad. It sounds completely, embarrassingly, disgustingly AWFUL. It carries nowhere near the quality of a CD, FM, or any of the decent streaming services.

Most people who think Sirius/XM sound good have severely damaged hearing, and are unable to hear much above 8kHz. The others who think it sounds good think anything sounds good as long as they can hear "something." To those who have good hearing, XM sounds like an AM radio in a sloshing bucket of water. The bitrate of the stream is SO low, the (lossy) compression is SO high, and the pre-processing so severe, that XM really has no chance of ever sounding good. The highest quality stream possible on XM is only 64kBit/s! Even the "low quality" internet streaming is done at 128kBit/s. Keep in mind, that is the BEST XM offers, XM actually streams most of them between 4 and 16kBit/s, with a small handful of the more popular streams at 32.

The take-away is that if you like it, that's all that matters.

Top Bottom