• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jwise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Spring
    Holy...freak'n...cow... You, sir, should learn some manners, and learn that asking questions is the highest form of communication. If you had, you would have learned something. Instead, you are showing your ass... You do not know me. You COULD know a LOT about me, but you obviously do not. I have written volumes on the very topics you speak of, but it is obvious that you have not read them. If you had, you would not have opened your mouth so wide...

It was a title, intended to raise your curiosity and to identify the topic of the thread content. It was not a political opinion on the current state of politics and liberty.

Goodness, gracious...

How about we start again?

I hate the freak'n gov't! Look what they made me jump through a dozen hoops and pay outrageous fees just to possess!!!!

Happy, now?
    ARJ Defense ad

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    Let's keep this thread on topic.

I think it's rather obvious that jwise enjoys "the NFA" as a means of saying he enjoys NFA items, rather than the entity itself. Semantics I know, but I think the original meaning is implied.

Welcome to the forum jwise. Is there a particular reason you prefer the AAC cans?

jwise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Spring
    Is there a particular reason you prefer the AAC cans?

AAC has excellent quality, isn't too terribly overpriced, and my local shop was a stocking dealer. That's pretty much why I chose them.

Gemtech was the alternative, as another local shop stocked their products, but I liked the M4-2000 suppressor for its features (weight/decibel reduction/size.)

For .22lr suppressors, there are better units out there than the Pilot, but it is still a very good can. It blends PERFECTLY with the Tactical Solutions upper, both size and color.

jwise

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2009
    Spring
    Sweet! My tacSol upper is arriving any day now. How do you like it?

While the Walther P22 would have been $250 cheaper for the same type of setup, I REALLY like my pistol. It is incredibly lightweight, accurate, it fits the hand well, and is really fun to shoot.

Texas1911

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 29, 2017
    Austin, TX
    While the Walther P22 would have been $250 cheaper for the same type of setup, I REALLY like my pistol. It is incredibly lightweight, accurate, it fits the hand well, and is really fun to shoot.

You know, it really has that Cold War era KGB look to it, and that's extra cool.

Outbreak

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2010
    Abilene, TX
    I'm glad you clarified on actually hating the hoops and crap. I am looking forward to my can, which if it weren't for the NFA, would've been overnighted to my FFL, and I would've had it in my hands a month ago. I'm still waiting for it to get Form 3'd to my FFL, THEN the waiting starts.

I do like your setups, though. Nice pics!

AusTex

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    I don't want to complain too much.. at least the $200 tax has not gone up with inflation... 1934 depression US $200 was like $20,000 today.

That being said Ive been waiting on my SBR for a while now. My .45 can was pushed through pretty quick about 6 months ago though.

I got my .45 can from Tennessee Gun runner... He got the can from him to my C3 dealer in 6 days! Some of my other friends are seeing waits of a month just for dealer to dealer transfer.

Top Bottom